Shmitz's Polypack thread

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
You could probably save on tri's by fully receeding the hair. Just like the professor's hair from BTTF.

I'd also suggest that because it looks more classic for a mad scientist but it's also a poly count saver option too.

edit:

I love the hammer idea too, it reminded me of the electric hammer from The Simpsons. You could try an electric hammer for 50% increased build speed vs 50% less damage to enemies.

Last edited:

Boylee

pew pew pew
aa
Apr 29, 2008
I love the hammer idea too, it reminded me of the electric hammer from The Simpsons. You could try an electric hammer for 50% increased build speed vs 50% less damage to enemies.

Because pounding someone in the face with and electrified hammer would obviously do less damage than a normal hammer. :lol: I'd probably say the other way around would be more logical, but ultimately it would be so useless as to be redundant.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Well, taking a real swing with a manuel hammer takes comparitively a lot of energy and time to the bobbing head of an electric hammer like Homer's. If you tried to swing a modified hammer designed like Homer's it'd probably break in half at the hinge. At least that was my logic, it wouldn't get used like that.

As an engi, You're most vulnerable when you're setting up, i wouldn't quite label halfing setting up time as useless, most of the current weapon alternatives are situational as well. You could possibly implement a different building healing mechanic for the hammer as well. Or some relation to the zapper, like removes it in 1 hit or something. But i can't really think of anything that wouldn't simply make camping/sentry nests easier/a better option. 1 hitting zappers sounds kinda OP :p

Last edited:

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Stuns enemies. Lets you stop spies from constantly dropping sappers.

Boylee

pew pew pew
aa
Apr 29, 2008
Well, taking a real swing with a manuel hammer takes comparitively a lot of energy and time to the bobbing head of an electric hammer like Homer's. If you tried to swing a modified hammer designed like Homer's it'd probably break in half at the hinge. At least that was my logic, it wouldn't get used like that.

As an engi, You're most vulnerable when you're setting up, i wouldn't quite label halfing setting up time as useless, most of the current weapon alternatives are situational as well. You could possibly implement a different building healing mechanic for the hammer as well. Or some relation to the zapper, like removes it in 1 hit or something. But i can't really think of anything that wouldn't simply make camping/sentry nests easier/a better option. 1 hitting zappers sounds kinda OP :p

But this one has no hinge. :p

Also you misunderstand me, I was saying the opposite of what was suggested would make more sense, i.e. halfing the building speed and increasing the damage (-50% build speed & +50% damage), but that it would be redundant as no-one would want a wrench replacement that increased build time.

I'd certainly use a wrench replacement which has reduced damage or lack of crits in return for one hit sap removal though, that's a good idea.

One thought I had was something like guaranteed crits for 5 seconds after removing a sapper. This is of course purely speculative, since Valve determines the function.

Doesn't hurt to give them suggestions though. I'd love this, it'd really help with the sapper spam.

Also more pics please Shmitz. ;)

Last edited:

Shmitz

Old Hat
aa
Nov 12, 2007
The texture on this thing is driving me crazy:
jigawig_wip02.jpg

Between being restricted to 256x256 and the weird lighting, I feel like pulling my own hair out!