aa
Dec 5, 2007
Obligatory I got in post:
OOOH.gif

MarcoPixel

L1: Registered
Apr 22, 2012
That really nice, YM. I really like it :D

EDIT: Im right now working on a little scene from the movie Minority Report. 10sec with handmade lipsync D:

Last edited:

xzzy

aa
Jan 30, 2010
Has anyone around here had any luck getting custom maps into SFM?

I tried loading stoneyridge so I could muck about with it, but it crashes SFM while trying to load.

Things I have tried:

a) The full b10 build of stoneyridge
b) a compile of stoneyridge with no custom textures or models, ldr light only
c) a version that used the "texture fixer" found here: http://sourcefilmmaker.wikia.com/wiki/Fixes,_Tips,_and_Other_things#Custom_Maps
d) a build using the SFM SDK hammer and build tools with no custom textures or models.

None of these have worked. The closest I got to a working compile was using the cordone tool to frame a smaller section of the map, and then compiling that. I was able to get this map into SFM, but I'd still really like to get the whole map available.

I initially thought it might be a memory issue (I'm running 4GB the past week because of a dead dimm) but I can load pl_thundermountain just fine, which based on file size is the same as stoneyridge b10.

Mar 23, 2010
i put a bunch of maps from my tf directory into the SFM directory for maps and they worked fine. really only alpha maps tho.

Last edited:

phi

aa
Nov 6, 2011
I just got in too.
I feel like VALVe was just like "screw it, let's give SFM to everyone who applied now", though, because I have the crappiest computer and haven't contributed anything in any fashion to the community yet.

//doesn't matter I have SFM now

Melvin D Engineere

L4: Comfortable Member
Feb 25, 2012
SFM appeared in my list of games, and I'm downloading it now as we speak. I'm surprised because I haven't contributed anything to the Steam workshop for any game, not even Portal 2.

xzzy

aa
Jan 30, 2010
Has anyone around here had any luck getting custom maps into SFM?

I tried loading stoneyridge so I could muck about with it, but it crashes SFM while trying to load.

Self quote, but I got stoneyridge in by randomly checking 'Auto' visgroups until it worked. Logic being I thought there were some TF2 entities causing problems. But after I got the map loaded successfully into SFM and re-checked all the visgroups, the resulting compile worked. So who knows what the problem is/was.

But new issue has revealed itself.. func_illusionary and func_lod entities don't show up in SFM. func_detail is fine.

Mr. Happy

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 16, 2008
I got in..want to make something...got too many things going on!!! !

I tihnk I will make a little engineer video.

Roosevelt

L1: Registered
Jun 28, 2012
SFM appeared in my list of games, and I'm downloading it now as we speak. I'm surprised because I haven't contributed anything to the Steam workshop for any game, not even Portal 2.

YES! YES!

Same thing just happened to me. Man it's going to be hard to keep on working on my map for the contest now that I have this.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Here's all the maps from SFM, decompiled:

http://calcified.net/maps/sfm.rar

You can put that in the OP if you want.

You can open them in the SFM SDK or in regular Hammer, but to do so in regular Hammer you need to grab all the materials and models from the SFM folder. All the cool new stuff is in steamapps\common\SourceFilmmaker\game\tf_movies. I don't recommend just dragging and dropping everything into your regular tf/ folder because it seems like Valve made higher poly models and better looking versions of existing textures for the MtT shorts.

afd_warehouse is the same thing as the Meet the Heavy map. Other than that and the MtE map, they are all actually just boxes probably used for posing or getting animations right, idk