SFM megathread

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Is anyone else finding this marginally confusing? I'm going to wait until I have it before I watch much more. Got to editing clips before I was just like, ok, that's it, i'm done

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Is anyone else finding this marginally confusing? I'm going to wait until I have it before I watch much more. Got to editing clips before I was just like, ok, that's it, i'm done

Videos or actually using it?

The videos are incredibly clear.

If you mean actually using it, I hate you.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
I've had an idea for a short for years now; it's pretty crude and almost the sort of thing you'd expect to see people make in Garry's Mod since the dialog is made entirely out of clips from the game, but I'd probably force myself to buckle down and make it if I were able to get into the beta.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Videos or actually using it?

The videos are incredibly clear.

If you mean actually using it, I hate you.

I mean the videos, and yeah they are clear but it's hard to take it all in without SFM in front of me.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
SFM can do non point-like lights! This demo shows how changing the radius of a light can change the resulting shadows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IzCAhNNOCU

oh-my-glob.gif

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
That's nice but the comments show it's not stable on all cards so would be pretty impractical to base a mod on. AS already has cascading shadow sheets, same as CS:GO, just CS:GO actually uses them.

It is nice to know however that in a few years time Valve may have implemented a similar system that is stable.

LMFAO

Banned
Jun 14, 2012
Does anyone know how to acquire a Beta key if they get one?

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
That's nice but the comments show it's not stable on all cards so would be pretty impractical to base a mod on. AS already has cascading shadow sheets, same as CS:GO, just CS:GO actually uses them.

It is nice to know however that in a few years time Valve may have implemented a similar system that is stable.

... CSGO has CSS?

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Hey, people that have the beta: in Meet the Heavy he sits on a chair that isn't included with TF2 and is reused as a waiting room chair in Meet the Medic. Do you get access to that model? Is there anything else new?

LMFAO

Banned
Jun 14, 2012
How can that Heavy sit in the chair without breaking it?

colacan

L5: Dapper Member
Apr 14, 2012
That's a very good question. I guess it must be made of reinforced titanium or something like that with ultra top-spytech-like-secret strong plastic on it.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Void reports everyone who has content in the game, mappers, modellers, et al, will be receiving a beta key soon without need to fill in the survey (As if any of us didn't)