Sabotage

PL Sabotage a17

OctoBlitz

Sabotage related, and Tak approved!
aa
Jan 15, 2016
Sabotage - Oh my god, it's a mirage! I'm tellin' y'all, it's SABOTAGE!!!!

Sabotage is a map I have been working on for a while to help me practice my layouts, as well as helping me experiment with logic systems and forward spawns

Some things I already know that are wrong with the map include the following

• Track props not aligning correctly
  • Choke Points Galore
  • Some issues with lighting
Please provide any feedback you can give to me as soon as you can as I am looking forward to developing this map more in the future.

[Rx.] Christian Troy

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 23, 2017
I can't stand it! I know you planned it! :p

Had to take this one on a run due to the reference.

- On loading the map there are a lot of VPhysics errors in the console. Mostly tracks but some other props are mixed in there too.
- Blu spawn seems a little too close to one of the doors going out and very far away from the other. Maybe move it to the back about as even with the exit doors as possible or add another spawn on the other side. Red spawn seems fine with even exits.
- The glass window across from the blu spawn has a different texture on the outside. Not sure if that is on purpose.
- Check point 2 for the bomb cart seems kinda "iffy" to me. It's very close to the red spawn with resupply lockers very close by and can be heavily camped by the red team. Blu team still has to run there from their first spawn which a bit of distance even for the scout class. Once that one is captured red team's spawn does move to the final point but, blu team still has to run from their first spawn to get there and their spawn doesn't move until the 3rd check point.
- The 2nd blu spawn seems fine when the cart gets to point 3 and so does the red 2nd spawn. Some good battles should take place there.
- Near the 2nd blu spawn, when you go out of that spawn, make a left through the next door, and left at the fence there closing off that small area, you can see inside the back of the blu spawn even though it's a full brush on the inside.
- So far the layout itself seems good and power ups seem to be in good spots.
- The env_light seems good so far with the shadows looking good too. The only big things I noticed were some track props not lighting correctly but with this map being in alpha, this is a non issue right now until some textures are put in where they are at.

I only had a few hours to play with this one but, it seems this one is going to be some fun to play. And please don't change it's name if ya can help it. I look forward to playing with it more when more is done with it.

OctoBlitz

aa
Jan 15, 2016
I am unsure on how well the first test went, on the account that the demos were a little borked as it is. However from the feedback I have a feeling that I have ALOT of work to do if I want to make this map balanced for both teams.

I don't know if its the players on each team or the fact I need to put more cover on the map, but It is easy to say that Blu dominates this map surprisingly, even though I built this with every intention of having hard choke points for BLU to push through and many defensive options for RED to hold out in. If I end up getting a demo that shows what happened in the test and it has to do with the amount of cover, I will be changing up a bunch of areas for the map.

As For Blu's first spawn, I made it with the intentions of making it like Upward's first spawn, Not to worry, I will be remaking this spawn room for the next version.

I am always looking for more Feedback on the map, so feel free to comment on some things about the map if you can.

Also,
please don't change it's name if ya can help it.
Don't worry, I won't ;)

OctoBlitz

aa
Jan 15, 2016
"I'mma set it straight, this Watergate"

Its been a while since I worked on this map, however I felt like I should at least try and get some updates out and try and work on this more, as I've drawn up some new ideas for this map that I cannot wait to implement.

This update to Sabotage includes the following changes:

Cut off a major sightline between Blue spawn and the 1st point

Changed Skybox to put less stress on the eyes of everyone playing

Added a new ledge near the 3rd point to help Red defend

Added a one way door accessible to red near the 3rd control point that blocks blue from easily flanking.
*NOTE: This door will remain open upon the capture of the 3rd control point*

Added a ramp to last leading up to Red spawn

Smaller changes include minor signs, new props, and texture changes to the map

DEV NOTES: Well this may be the only update I may upload again until I get bored with my 72hr map, however if the last point doesn't go over well, I am scrapping the entirety of last past the 3rd point and completely redesigning it with some new ideas I have in mind. If there are any pieces of feedback you have for me feel free to PM me on steam, discord or leave it in the comments of this post.

Read the rest of this update entry...

OctoBlitz

aa
Jan 15, 2016
"Can't stand rocking when I'm in here, because your crystal ball ain't so crystal clear."

Major update time!

This update includes the following changes:
  • COMPLETELY REWORKED 3RD CONTROL POINT TO LAST
  • Red has 2 new retreating spawns for their defense
  • Added a new building near the 1st cap as a compromise until I rework more sections of the map
  • Added more health and ammo!
  • Made defending players still in a previous spawn, be automatically teleported to a retreating spawn upon the capture of a control point thus stopping players from suiciding from becoming trapped in a spawn room

Last edited:

OctoBlitz

aa
Jan 15, 2016
Minor update:

• removed a intentation in a wall near blu spawn
  • Moved some rocks to fix their models
  • Added some overlays for attacking team to give a sense of direction while trying to find the objective

babu rola

L1: Registered
Jul 20, 2018
"Oh my god, it's a mirage! I'm tellin' y'all, it's SABOTAGE!!!!"

what does this even mean?

OctoBlitz

aa
Jan 15, 2016
This update of Sabotage includes the following changes.

Added new route to 2nd accessible to blu upon capturing the first point
Added more cover to 2nd and 3rd
Removed player clip to the roof of the building near Blu spawn (go nuts)
Removed dead space to areas near 1st and 3rd
Reverted red spawn's teleport to move players AFTER 2nd and 3rd is captured
removed/changed health and ammo

OctoBlitz

aa
Jan 15, 2016
This update to Sabotage includes the following changes:

Added a new route to access the shed building for Blu
Fixed clipping on certain props
Fixed Displacements
Changed/removed Health and ammo packs on Red's finale
Added a door near the 3rd point to prevent spawn camping
Fixed an issue with Hoodini the resuppply cabinet
Lowered brightness on some lights
Fixed an issue with people getting stuck behind props on finale

OctoBlitz

aa
Jan 15, 2016
:heavy:Sabotage is back and better than ever!:heavy:
Sabotage was a project I started in mid 2018 to help me understand payload's logic and get a feel for displacements, and with 2 years passing by I have decided to return to this project with a new skill set and understanding of hammer as a whole.

This new and improved version of Sabotage includes:
  • A completely remade from the ground up layout
  • New gameplay gimmicks that were missing from the original due to lack of skill with Hammer and its logic systems.
  • A train that serves as both a defensive tool and an obstacle for both Red and Blu!
  • Drill Cart!
If you have any bugs you would like to inform me about or have any gameplay suggestions and feedback, please do not hesitate to let me know either through the thread, Discord, Steam, Etc.!

Have fun yall! :medal:

P.S. A HUGE thank you to Soliare for assisting with guidance regarding the map as well as looking proof reading displacements, clipping, and lighting!

OctoBlitz

aa
Jan 15, 2016
A new update to Sabotage is here!!!

Last version was a rocky one, to be honest I lost sight in what the map needed as well as the scope I wanted to take the map's cave's system areas. This update Soliare and I set out to downsize what we had from the previous version and scale back a lot of the map while adding some of the changes requested in the last imp test.

Another note we will be potentially looking for modelers to help with assets for the map later on in production such as a proper version of the Drill cart, or the "Dildo cart" as some testers called it, as well as other mining themed equipment.

Patch Notes for Version 2 A2:​
  • Size of the map has been overall decreased​
  • Added spectator cameras​
  • New 1st point and starting area and Finale​
  • Choke points have been added to 2nd as well as Last​
  • added a staircase connecting the main track route to ground level at 2nd​
  • increased time for the map's gimmick from 5 to 15 seconds​
  • fixed an issue where the cart gets stuck on one part of the map after the gimmick only to be fixed when Blu moves back away from the cart and touches it again​
  • fixed an issue related to spawn teleport for Red and Blue respectively​
  • Removed routes into 3rd possibly alleviating possible confusion for defenders on where to go​
  • Reworked areas of A1 to fit into the newly reworked finale.​
Again huge thanks to @Soliare for assisting me with remaking 1st and Blu's first spawn as well as advice on downsizing the map overall, I literally couldn't have done it with your help.

If you have any feedback, issues, suggestions, etc. do not hesitate to let me know! Happy Testing! :medal:

OctoBlitz

aa
Jan 15, 2016
Patch notes for A2a (tbh I could a called this A3, but I'd rather get Soliare's changes in A3):
  • Due to high demand, Red now has 1 more spawn room located next to B point, this will make traversing to first for Red alot easier without any drastic layout changes

• Door previously used as decor by B point is now a fully functioning door that keeps red players spawning from B to wander off into C and further into their own territory

• Fixed/removed/adjusted Props around the map missing their clipping, were in weird spots, or were flat out hovering

• Red's new Spawn at B doubles as a Multi Team spawn room for both Red and blue once B is capped

• Adjusted catwalk Balcony by the Drill wall

• Red is now the only team to have Spawnroom teleports

• Added a 1 way door near the Drill wall to prevent sightlines

• Added new catwalks to C by main entrance to promote defenders to use the highground

• Changed C point's spawn room for red to face the proper direction

• Removed Staircase leading to Red's high ground near the main entrance making it harder for Blu to attack red's high ground

• Removed the drop down room by C point

• Removed Health and ammo to the flank hallway where the original entrance into red's 2nd spawn used to be.

• adjusted teleport times to once the drill cart completes drilling through the wall

• remade part of the tracks near the drill wall to seem like they're broken/being replaced

• added Health and ammo at Last to promote defenses on higher ground.

• Adjusted numerous health and ammo locations/sizes around the map.

• Main door entrance into C reopens once the drill has finished drilling through the wall.

OctoBlitz

aa
Jan 15, 2016
Patch notes for V2 A2b:
  • Fixed issue regarding the train clipping through walls and killing players at A

• Train is Shorter and will not activate until B is capped

• Added new buildings to A

• Nobuilds applied to the Rock by A's main choke

• Doorways near B have been narrowed to prevent sight lines and help with defending players

• Added Health, Ammo, and new blockade by choke into B

• moved Health and ammo by flank in Choke point

• Added Health and ammo in the highground area of B

• Lowered the speed to doors at both B and C to 35

• Added new building to catwalk outside of B to help funnel defenders into the highground

• Main door at C no longer opens when the drill wall has finished

• Moved/tweaked/added Health and Ammo around C

• Red spawn teleport properly disables after it activates

• Once C is capped the 1 way door by the entrance opens allowing Blu to gain easy access to highground at C

• Decreased size of caves from C to Finale by 128 HUs

• Removed Light prop near entrance to finale

• Removed Health and ammo at far left side of finale by the flank

• Added Health and ammo in a new cubby at Finale

• Added signs around the map to help with navigation

• Added minor detailing
My changes made to A3 will be dedicated to improving roll out times from C to B for red, from B to C for Blu's first forward spawn and for C to finale from blu's 2nd forward spawn as alot of players had issues with the roll out times last imp. I'm mainly giving Soliare a break so they can have a clean mind going into the 72hr Jam.

OctoBlitz

aa
Jan 15, 2016
Fixed texture issue at last, replaced detonator for proper model, Added a new drill wall by A, made a new entrance into A that closes off after point is capped, spawn doesn't move back until door is drilled through.

OctoBlitz

aa
Jan 15, 2016
fixed things regarding payload gimmick, gave Blu access to high ground through balcony at B, tweaked respawn times, blocked sight lines, fixed doors, moved health and ammo. A3 is next.

OctoBlitz

aa
Jan 15, 2016
Version V2 A3 has been released!

After a ton of working and feedback from everyone able to test the multiple versions of A2, I've seen an ongoing pattern upon play testers regarding Sabotage as a whole. What is it you may ask?

No one knows where to go.

So in this update I decided to try and rework as much of the map as I can to make areas as clear and concise on where you should go at all times!

I'm giving Soliare a break for a bit to focus on their 72 hour jam project so updates are going to be just from me for a while.

Patch notes:

• First drill wall door's logic has been improved with new sparks to help convey what the cart is doing
  • Fixed an issue with the rollback at B's drill door where the cart would completely derail when Blu could not touch the cart in time
  • B and its high ground has been completely remade from the ground up changing the way it plays

- Blu comes through bottom floor instead of the top floor making it easier for Red to defend

- Old high ground from A2 acts as a new route for Blu to attack from giving blu their own high ground to attack from and not encroaching too much on Red's high ground

- Red's first spawn/ Blu's first forward spawn has been shifted to the high ground and given another exit to prevent spawn camping

- Spiral has been shifted to the back of the high ground with its own room connecting it to the bottom floor of B

- Opened up new routes from B to C point to help elevate the massive choke Blu had to endure in A2
  • B to C's route has been completely remade to shorted the trek between points and to provide clarity on where to go

- Corner Building now serves as additional highground for defenders

- Corner Building now has a 1 way drop down ledge area for defenders

- the overlook building has been shortened and the staircase room has been replaced

- Logic for C's drill wall has been tweaked to hopefully better how the logic works

- Train at C has been restored and elongated with train gates being adjusted accordingly

- 1 way door at the entrance to C has been moved to the flank as well as blocked by 2 doors that open upon the drill sequence completing at C

- Blu's 2nd forward spawn has been moved to inside the computer room at C point, extremely minor detailing has been applied to that area as well.
  • Blocked staircase room in the cave systems after C leading directly to the finale for Blu, the building is still accessible by red, and will hopefully make pushes into the Finale slightly harder

Special thanks to Aar and his crew for allowing me to test Sabotage on their server for some extra testing during one of their streams!

If you have any feedback regarding any issues, suggestions, or other feedback you have on the map please do not hesitate to let me know! Happy testing! :medal:

OctoBlitz

aa
Jan 15, 2016
Patch Notes for A3a:

• Added new drop down route from the crate room flank near Blu spawn to A point

• Moved Health and ammo at A

• Remade the cart path to go up an elevator instead of going around the entire spiral room at B

• Added another floor to B accessible by the main flank, hoping this addition can help with pesky sentry spots at B.

• Moved B cap from the bottom floor to the first floor

• Removed the 1 way door at B

• Moved Health and ammo at B

• Fixed clipping on numerous props and places on the map

YOYOYO

41 crashes and counting
aa
Jul 10, 2017
I love the concept of this map, but I did find one very buggy area.

Sorry if you already know about it, but this cart elevator is a problem package; the first time it goes up it's fine, but the second time only the cart went up without the elevator, then I got whatever this is
pl_sabotage_v2_a3a0000.jpg

And so forth. Just wanted to alert you, and I hope you find a cure!

Otherwise good job :p

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
I love the concept of this map, but I did find one very buggy area.

Sorry if you already know about it, but this cart elevator is a problem package; the first time it goes up it's fine, but the second time only the cart went up without the elevator, then I got whatever this is
*snorp*
And so forth. Just wanted to alert you, and I hope you find a cure!

Otherwise good job :p

actually thats how its supposed to be, the elevator's bottom is magnetized.