Rough'n'ready Portal 2 SDK

Discussion in 'Portal 2' started by Randdalf, Apr 20, 2011.

1. pisaman2

pisaman2 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I set everything up correctly (I'm pretty sure anyway...) and I went into Hammer from the alien swarm SDK and made a simple room with an info_player start. When I try to compile however, it doesn't seem to work. I checked, and I couldn't find a bsp map file anywhere. This is what the compiler says

EDIT: I opened the example map from the zip file posted earlier, and that compiles fine. I assume it's a problem in my test map, any ideas on what it could be?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
  2. Phil42

Phil42 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    @VelvetFirstIronGlove.
    I don't know if I understood you correctly but I think i have set this property. It is set to 25. Here I have a picture of my properties. Maybe you see something wrong...

[​IMG]

3. WastedMeerkat

WastedMeerkat L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
  4. Ritz

Ritz L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
  5. pisaman2

pisaman2 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I got the compiling problem sorted out fine, but now I have issues with the panels. Whilst I have got the animation of the panels themselves sorted, I can't seem to figure out how to have a wall on the panel move with it.

I have looked into some official maps, and there is some input called "SetParentAttachmentMaintainOffset" with the parameter of "panel_attach". This inputs into the func_brush which is the piece of wall that moves with the panel.

I assume this has something to do with it, anyone know what it does in detail? I swear there must be more to it...

6. VelvetFistIronGlove

aa VelvetFistIronGlove

Positive Ratings:
    @Phil:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    I try to make a map, and when I run ingame, it stops, closes p2 and has a window that says "Map with no planes"

I have turned off -alldetail in the additional compile parameters. There are no leaks. I do have a spawn point.

Anyone have a solution?

EDIT: The compiler does say at the end of compile "Empty Map"... really not sure whats going on. I'm combing through the compile log, but nothing is standing out.

8. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    try changing the compile type, and removing alldetail again. that fixed that issue for me.

9. Fr0Z3nR

Positive Ratings:
    I did, no avail. it said that things are leaking, even though they are not. (double checked with alt+P, and pointfile)

10. Randdalf

aa Randdalf

Positive Ratings:
    You have to be compiling in expert mode, otherwise it reverts.

11. Fr0Z3nR

Positive Ratings:
    Yes, i have found that out and have thus done that, and it works, thanks.

12. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
  13. Vincent

aa Vincent 🔨 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi 🔨

Positive Ratings:
  14. WastedMeerkat

Positive Ratings:
    For some reason, every time I hit the button to start the orange paint flow, the game crashes. Any tips? I have it set up like in the prefab in Aly's link. I don't really see what could be going wrong... the start and stop inputs don't seem to work.

15. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    Did you see what VelvetFistIronGlove posted? It's essential to make it work in your map.

16. WastedMeerkat

Positive Ratings:
    Ah, I did that already in another map and thought it would carry over to the next, but I guess not. Never mind, problem solved!

17. Atgood1

Atgood1 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    For some Reason none of the models show up.

18. Fr0Z3nR

Positive Ratings:
    If you placed them in the right folder, they should be there, they just aren't categorized into files. Look at the decompiled maps, and see if its there. if there isn't I think the OP has a solution to that... if they are there, look at the file name, then try and search for it in the model browser.

19. Doppler12

Doppler12 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I have one thing to say, and yes I know you amazing people that spawned this community SDK have no control over what I'm about to propose:

I think it would be awesome instead of giving the guns teams in co-op, and saying yes or no to primary and secondary portals. They had just numbered the portals. So each gun still had the primary and secondary portals 0 = none, 1 = blue, 2 = orange, 3 = red, 4 = purple.

Which I think could have lead to some crazy co-op challenges where you really have to work together.

Though I did notice Chell has her own team, I rather doubt she would share portals with other teams despite having one of each color.

Anyways, I'm rambling at this point.

20. absurdistof

aa absurdistof

Positive Ratings:
    So, you're saying that each gun would have 4 portals :?

EDIT: That would have to be a mod of portal :/