Resource Pack Errors (Solved)

Sailaser

L1: Registered
Jun 20, 2017
Hi, I just installed the Japan Resource Pack into my custom folder by following the readme text file in its folder and when I try to view the .vmf props map, all the props show up as errors. Is there a fix for this?

Attachments

• hammererrors.png
    hammererrors.png
    115.2 KB · Views: 184

Narpas

Takes way to long to make and update maps
aa
Jun 11, 2015
In order for the game to know that you've installed the custom assets to your tf\custom folder, you need to run the game first, then Hammer and other tools will be able to pick up the content. So, simply run TF2 and then exit out, and that should fix your problem

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
Hammer is capable of discovering custom content on its own, you dont need to launch TF2 for that. However, Hammer only searches for custom content once, at startup. When you install new content, you must exit Hammer (and TF2, if you have that open) and then relaunch.

Narpas

Takes way to long to make and update maps
aa
Jun 11, 2015
Can you show us a screenshot of your tf\custom folder? Make sure it contains a folder named something like "JapanContentPack_1.1", and that folder contains the folders "maps", "materials", "models", and "particles", or something like that

Sailaser

Jun 20, 2017
here's both the custom and new folder where the pack was extracted to

Attachments

• hammererror1.png
    hammererror1.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 174
  • hammererror2.png
    hammererror2.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 172

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
The second screenshot should have "materials" and "models" folders. I assume those are nested within the "Japan Content pack 1.1" folder, which is why Hammer can't find them. Move all of the items in the "Japan Content pack 1.1" folder one level up.

Sailaser

Jun 20, 2017
Props are now visible. Thanks a ton, I appreciate it!

Attachments

• hammererror5.png
    hammererror5.png
    324.3 KB · Views: 200