[Resource] Architectural References

howling techie

L1: Registered
Aug 26, 2009
Well, was just told to post in here about a factory that I live quite close by to. None of these are my images.
gP6BvpV.jpg

DjoaV4b.jpg

EcMbodA.jpg

Link to Google Street view location

Bonus old picture:
NNCWo77.jpg

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
I think I have some pictures of abandoned mines in Alaska; they might be made more touristy than they originally were, but they're still rad as tats. I'll look for them and upload soon.

EDIT: http://imgur.com/a/KbkR4 I thought I had more, hmph. I guess I'll have to find the SD card.

Last edited:

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Hey, y'all, remember when I told you about that Pittsburgh steel mill across the river from Kennywood? The other day I decided to try to find it on Google Maps so I could maybe look it up by name. Turns out it's called the Edgar Thompson Steel Works, and holy cow does it have everything. Big steel buildings, those ramp things way up in the air like Granary has, a jillion train tracks going past it and through it, and even a massive loading dock on the river. It's apparently one of very few old steel mills that survived the big US industrial crash of the '70s and '80s. And boy do I wish I knew someone who worked there so I could get them to take better photos of everything.

Here's the Google Earth link, though. It might give you some ideas.

Yacan1

D I G I T A L I N F L U E N C E R
aa
Nov 7, 2010
Hey, y'all, remember when I told you about that Pittsburgh steel mill across the river from Kennywood? The other day I decided to try to find it on Google Maps ...

Oh yeah I love this place, it's about a 30 minute drive from my house. One of the best references I've seen. It's cool since the train ride at Kennywood amusement park is just on the edge of a hill that over looks the river and the mill. It's a really cool sight after dark. If I knew how to capture soundscapes it would be fantastic for that too. It's one of the most general "factory" ambient noises ever, steam pipes, trucks, cranes moving, barges, water from the river, general tech noises. If you're ever in the area, I recommend stopping by it.

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
I took some new pictures when I had to kill some time around town a few weeks ago

sHp50cS.jpg

ko92PkY.jpg

VgKet5K.jpg

Have a new album!

My phone's camera does funny things when I take pictures while driving.

Also, I'm pretty sure I'm on a list somewhere now for taking a few of these.

xzzy

aa
Jan 30, 2010
Hold on let me go make a new material for stoneyridge so we can litter it with shit colored balls of melting ice.

And the sodden lifeless grass.

Pocket

aa
Nov 14, 2009
This is "Nesher" (Eagle) cement factories:
Cement factory! Now there's something that hasn't been done in TF2 yet. And looking at the pictures Google spat out at me, I can't see why. Most of them look like large complexes full of small interconnected structures.

I mean, look at this craziness. Granted, that's a pretty new facility from what I can tell, but still.

wareya

L420: High Member
Jun 17, 2012
Bunch of pictures I took (maybe a couple someone else took, these are organized very badly over here!) all around southern new england. There's a little bit of everything.

http://imgur.com/a/1gf9C#0

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010

Pocket

aa
Nov 14, 2009
s3y3rZu.jpg

I don't know what's supposed to be going on here, but it amuses me.

Grand Tickler

L1: Registered
Aug 8, 2014
I seriously though they were screenshots of REALLY detailed maps at first....It's Team Fortress 2 In real life!!!

You should have made a trap and baited it with a sandwich