[Resource] Architectural References

ROFLsnakes

L2: Junior Member
Apr 24, 2012
I live in Wisconsin along the fox river, there are so many old factory's,and paper mills.Nice thing is some are abandoned and you can go and see the building from the inside.I should get my camera out and dedicate a whole thread to those.

I love taking out books at the library about Gothic architecture,and colonial.The support systems used during those times tend to work well for buildings when mapping.

GPuzzle

L9: Fashionable Member
Feb 27, 2012
Last edited:

GPuzzle

L9: Fashionable Member
Feb 27, 2012
Nah, Aly, I said I was going to add more. There are some preety-TF2-looking farms, but I couldn't find a picture of them here in Brazil. That's why I said I was going to get more pictures. Even Cubatão seems like someone dropped a mix of Gorge and Gravel Pit in Borneo.

Fish 2.0

L6: Sharp Member
Nov 22, 2012
Grain-Silo-1.jpg

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
what is it

WHY is it

Fish 2.0

L6: Sharp Member
Nov 22, 2012
Jesus that thing is truly terrifying. Someone needs to cut this and make it a 2D skybox prop. It would look so cool.

Oct 6, 2008
Last edited:

Samniss Arandeen

L1: Registered
Mar 3, 2013
Jesus that thing is truly terrifying. Someone needs to cut this and make it a 2D skybox prop. It would look so cool.

Hell, someone up to the task of that much modeling could make a good 3D skybox prop. Or even a prop_dynamic for some creative gameplay/setting elements.

I could see a lot of uses for both teams and that...thing. The winner of a KOTH round could have this thing just totally fuck up the loser's spawn room.

That is all. For now.

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
Well, you could just send them an email and ask if they could send over some blueprints/models for you to use. It's not like we are going to go and build our own stuff in the backyard.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Dammit stop bumping this thread. Every time someone does, I get excited thinking someone's posted new pictures.

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
Here's a few of the above promised pictures! This doesn't even scratch the surface of what I have around my area. (The last picture Hey You sent me and isn't from my area, though). Apologizes for some of the pictures, I took a few while driving.

ta1kv5sh.jpg

yN08YWsh.jpg

onmQ9cph.jpg

W6JNWp4h.jpg

(I love this one)

oWLJDejh.jpg

bs1i0Omh.jpg

(Yes, that's a Red team parking pass on my windshield)

UByY6ash.jpg

Album