1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

CP Reckoner rc4a

5cp map in a clean, industrial greenhouse facility.

1. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Congrats on hitting RC1!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  2. EArkham

aa EArkham Necromancer

Positive Ratings:
    Finally this map is playable!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. phi

aa phi Let Pain Be Your Guide

Positive Ratings:
    • Heavily reduced size of shack in all axes (exposed a few key lines of sight while still keeping some additional cover that did not exist without them)
    • Bent shack roof
    • Added metal ramp from side-of-mid up to bridge again! It's wider than it used to be, as well.
    • Shortened length of side-mid angled jut-out by 64?-ish units, a bit more point space now
    • Shortened metal entryway from cargo (why haven't I done this already? it's like free space on mid)
    • Expanded space within stairwell to under mid by 16u
    • Added transparent grate hole to the centre of mid bridge – not as much visibility as a fully transparent bridge, but not as opaque as a fully covered one.
    • Removed a couple problem detail brushes around shack that could catch players
    • Adjusted clipping around single crates to provide easier crouch jump on top of them
    • Closed up diagonal fence near forklift – harder to use it to get free visibility on tunnels

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Like Like x 2
  4. phi

Positive Ratings:
    • **FIXED BUG PRESENT ON RED LAST SPAWN DOORS**.

• Remade toxic's choke into mid completely – this includes repositioning the entrance and the adjacent forward spawn. A brand new open-choke design is now present, alongside much nicer opportunities for jumps into mid and on crates from the new room.

• **MID IS NOW ON TOP OF THE BRIDGE.** Mid is no longer on the low ground. NOTE: This is not a change which is set in stone – I am testing out the idea to see if it encourages a more enjoyable playstyle on mid, alongside the new open choke.

• Widened main choke into mid from cargo.

• Crates on mid are now double-stacked to give better ground for soldiers, both on offence and defence. Scouts will now have a harder time getting onto crates, although there is a single lip that will allow them to jump up slowly. I can remove that lip if it proves still too good for scouts.

• ALL forward spawn doors are now non-windowed.

• Entrance from toxic to second has been enlarged.

• High ground in front of forward spawn on second is now jumpers-only.

• Upper door from lobby into second is a bit larger. Making it any larger than it is now will require a portion of lobby to be completely remade – will only undertake that if absolutely necessary.

• Cover entering from toxic is now much nicer for people attacking second, no sightline from upper lobby exit.

• Widened one of the doorframes from cargo to second slightly.

• Mast supports on mid are now angled differently to make double rocket jumping off them easier from the bridge-area: try it!

**Currently the entrances from mid to the second point are the most tentative areas of the map. I would like to see how these changes affect the map flow before going on an expedition to remake them – as it will require a lot of work to move them around. The optimisation here is pretty tight.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. KubeKing

Server Staff KubeKing Soon it will be different

Positive Ratings:
    Well look who just went full Yukon.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Tuaam

Tuaam L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I do like the Modern Look of the greenhouse, it gives the map a clean and tidy atmosphere that isn't seen in many industrial maps. Here, we see a clean application of the industrial setting, while most other maps are based around grim, blue - collar workplaces that often revolve around dirty and unsanitary tasks. And instead, you took the idea of a clean and green environment and blended it with similar themes.

Overall, I think it's very different from other maps

7. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    At the end of the day, all anyone wants is more Badlandses.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. KubeKing

Server Staff KubeKing Soon it will be different

Positive Ratings:
    upload_2017-11-30_8-45-27.png

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. phi

Positive Ratings:
    Don't really want to argue about why I put the control point on the bridge - all I can say is that neither competitive leagues nor competitive players pressured me. It was entirely my decision from watching dozens of demos and coming to the conclusion on my own based on how people played the mid point. Doesn't play remotely like Badlands does. (Or Yukon, for that matter.)

The point being on the low ground was difficult to be played around and ended up being somewhat one-dimensional for people initiating the mid fight. It was a decision based on feedback and the fact that it simply wasn't promoting interesting gameplay. Take it from me, I wanted to keep it there as long as possible, but it was frustrating me and wasn't doing what I wanted it to do. So I changed it.

I also have a very hard time discerning who here is being serious and who is being facetious, but I can only assume it's a bit of both. Which is a bit frustrating, but what can I do.

The map's led an incredibly different life from the likes of Yukon and any similarity posed by the mid point change is merely coincidental. Hope y'all enjoy.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  10. tmg_

tmg_ L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I am really enjoying the new version of the map, the higher crates and the point being on the bridge as opposed to under it makes it play a bit better.

What I do think should change is the position of either the spawn doors on last or the cp as it is way too easy to defend while having your medic safely in spawn while the enemy has to uber way too early ususally.

Other than that amazing map, loving the look and play of it and am hoping they keep it in etf2l for the next season (honestly granary should not even exist.).

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. phi

Positive Ratings:
    - Shortened length of the entire second point area by at least 128 units in all spots
    - Moved greenhouse on second point area to a more centralised location
    - Removed a building on the edge of the second point to provide a much better view to the beautiful skybox
    - Removed second crates on mid
    - Fixed clipping bug
    - General polish and preparation for the future.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. phi

Positive Ratings:
    - Fixed clipping issue on ramp on second
    - Changed instances of the shutter door prop, made them easier to avoid interacting with
    - Edited fence props on second slightly
    - Removed fence in cargo
    - Removed lip in new area on 2nd
    - Removed pipe on greenhouse
    - Edited some clipping

13. YOYOYO

aa YOYOYO

Positive Ratings:
    I know this is a small detail, and probably doesn't matter, but in some places its better not to have nodraw so easily seen in unclipped places, such as this:
    cp_reckoner_rc4a0000.jpg