Portal gets an unusual update...

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
In celebration of all this Portal excitement, I figure I can get away with inflic... offering my Portal maps for people to play if they're looking for some new challenges. :D

Shmitzchamber - Difficult, largely trajectory-based puzzles.

Accident Prone - A shorter set of puzzles using portal mechanics not really explored in the first game.

Very good maps, just fiendishly difficult since the very first puzzle dumps you straight in it with no tutoring.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
oooooooooooooooolld

No need to revert to a SPUF-tard.

If you're going to tell someone something they've posted is old, you can at least do it in A) a civil way and B) a way that doesn't make you look like a 10 year old.

:sleep:

HeaH

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 2, 2008
Awesomeness!

So there's something going on in a forest this time, with a newer version of GladOS?

Feb 17, 2009
cmon' Gabe, you can do it!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gviH66KVgPw"]YouTube- The Inner works of Valve Software[/ame]

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
I've never quite understood why everybody wants to make fun of Gabe's weight. Aren't there much worse game executives out there to go after?

Tapp

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 26, 2009
My speculation:
---possible spoiler---
Chell is taken to new facility by GLaDos 3.11 (actually cave johnson, as per his letter about being dead but still writing as a result of engineers) who takes her through a whole new set of adventures, possibly related to the newfound threat of the outside world (though probably not, since 3D skyboxes are broken in portal) and the story could possibly involve cave johnson alerting the combine/xenians to earth's location. In co-op, chell may have been taken back to teach the new robot AI to solve problems using the ASHPD, followed by both once again attempting an escape.
---possible spoilers---

Dr. ROCKZO

Jul 25, 2009
zomgit'sco-op. Source was removed but well, here.

EDIT: /shameful post of ignorance. Guess I should never try to share new news with you guys, because you're probably the ones that linked it to me in the first place somehow.

Last edited:

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
I've never quite understood why everybody wants to make fun of Gabe's weight. Aren't there much worse game executives out there to go after?
Yes, but those others are just dicks. We make fun of Gabe because we love him.

GAAAAAABE

Jan 20, 2010
Game Informer scans:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

FFFFFFF, holy crap I'm excited. Also, these diagrams are hilarious.

Excursion funnels are part of an investigation into how well test subjects can solve problems while travelling through a churning funnel of liquid asbestos. Results so far have been highly informative. They cannot.

CONFIDENTIAL
If permission to look at this diagram has been granted, please do so now, unless the box labeled "DO NOT LOOK AT DIAGRAM" on the "Diagrams Forms Section" form you should have received from your supervisor is checked, in which case you should remain at your workstation not looking at the diagram until such a time as you are instructed by your supervisor to discontinue not looking at it.

"Passive Monitoring" ensures objects in vent are identified, but never judged.

"Non-Discriminator Entrance Port" > "To Diversity Furnace"

It's nice to know that the dark humour is still entirely intact. xD

Pseudo

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 26, 2008
I noticed that the Game Informer article says nothing about Cave Johnson, but he has been confirmed (I think?) to be in the game and is part of the ARG.

Dr. ROCKZO

Jul 25, 2009
God that looks sexy, will this be an updated engine?

I don't like the tone of "both brains and sets of thumbs will be needed to best GLaDOS" Surely No-one would consider this primarily a Console Game..

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2010
<3
The ARG seems extremely redundant now. Like, I'd like to have worked out something about the sequel at least 2 days before game informer spills it out.

Mmmm, yeah, it is a bit disappointing. That ARG was frickin genius, though, even if it was a bit fruitless in the end. Well, fruitless might not be the best word. Whatever it was, it was.