Player Destruction Guide

Discussion in 'Tutorials & Resources' started by Egan, Oct 7, 2015.

1. That's the plan

That's the plan L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'm trying to make a trigger to where when you walk through it it gives one team extra points, but the outputs won't let me specify how much extra points to give. Is there a way to do this?

2. r0nii#BringBackNISLT

r0nii#BringBackNISLT L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Question i teleported bread.

ok sorry that was a joke. my real question is how to pack it? I will try to make Hud but i don't know how to make it work on my map.

my cousin made one for me and he said to put it into custom folder but is bit broken and the hud work anywhere on ctf modes. He isnt very good at it and doesnt have so much interests in my map. and also im not sure if the hud work different if is in custom file.

3. r0nii#BringBackNISLT

Positive Ratings:
    question. i tried to add the hud with setcountdownimage & setcountdowntimer in logic_relay to tf_logic_player_destruction but when i started the map and when i triggered the logic_relay then the hud wasn't working. someone know why?

4. TylowStar

TylowStar L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Inputs:
    SetCountdownTimer <integer> Set the countdown time and start the timer.
    SetCountdownImage <string> Set the countdown image.
    SetFlagResetDelay <integer> Set the length of time (in seconds) before a dropped flag resets.
    SetPointsOnPlayerDeath <integer> Set number of points per flag dropped upon player death.
    This is probably really obvious but how do I set an input onto an entity? I know that by setting an output from another entity targetting the entity in question, it will recieve an input, but how do I set an output onto that entity specifically as it says in the guide?

5. r0nii#BringBackNISLT

Positive Ratings:
    you can give the Entity tf_logic_player_destruction an input SetCountdownImage/Timer.
    example in button
    OnPress
    the_Name
    SetCountdownImage
    MaterialLocationName
    delay 5

tip: its not possible to add SetCountdownTimer/Image and OnCountdownTimerExpires when you haven't placed the tf_logic_player_destruction entity

edit: im sorry if you didnt mean this. i hope this should solve your problems.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. TylowStar

TylowStar L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Thank you! Now I instead have another problem lol.
    To put it simply, the map doesn't start when the map starts. I have a logic_timer that is supposed to cause a countdown to diplay and the point to close at the start of the map, all before turning on later. And it definetly does that, but the logic_timer for some reason won't even fire until waaaaaay later. As in, the countdown showing up, the point closing, this doesn't happen until well into the round.

7. r0nii#BringBackNISLT

Positive Ratings:
    you mean the display doesnt show when map start or what? you can simply activate something by adding output "onmapspawn" in logic_auto.
    and also when timer doesnt work then make sure you have correct selected. don't forget .res at the end or its won't work.

8. r0nii#BringBackNISLT

Positive Ratings:
    i have a question. its there another way to load .res file with coulddownimage/time without player destruction entity?
    or its possible to disable flag droping from player?

9. Egan

aa Egan

Positive Ratings:
    You can disable the flag drops from players by hitting the tf_logic_player_destruction with this input of 0:
    Set by a logic_auto OnMapSpawn.

On the countdownimage/time, I'd wager a guess the pd logic entity is the only thing that initializes those hud elements showing up on the hud.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Spanospy

Spanospy L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    You can add KeyValue capture_delay to the capturezone, and set it to how many seconds you want.

Dunno why that's missing from the FGD..

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Startacker!

Server Staff Startacker! Writing leaf ambient...

Positive Ratings:
    chrome_MPVPK64utn.png
    chrome_t8swdJbDNo.png

bad news

• Funny Funny x 3