pl_halfacre

tenaciousg

L1: Registered
Jan 8, 2008
this map is beautiful but the gameplay after the 2nd half of the map gets incredibly tough, where constant red spam makes it nearly impossible for any pub team to accomplish anything. you should know the choke im talking about, its a lil after the dump truck.

its one beautiful map though youme, the displacement work is beyond incredible. if you and nine ever did a collab i think i would cream my pants.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Sorting that window out as well as a few more balance tweaks. :thumbup1:

Edit: Someone mentioned a seam in a displacement? now is the time to speak up!

Last edited:

Username

L2: Junior Member
Aug 26, 2008
That was me.
seamvt6.png

It's subtle, and you can't really see it if you're close to it. But I figured we're at that level of nitpicking by now.

Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
So I got bored and decided to see if I could figure out how to get youtube to do HD videos... and I can :D

(you'll need to click the link to actually see it in high def)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3MFnfbkVt8&fmt=22"]Halfacre flythough[/ame]

HojoTheGreat

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 11, 2008
Man if it ended with a series of 3 explosions it would complete this map in epic proportions.
The ground
The upper level wall
The rocket

Just sayin... ^ ^

Nice work on the sunburst in the new menu photo, beautiful.

flubber

L4: Comfortable Member
Nov 16, 2007
Juste a quick not after several hours of playing: you should disallow building inside the first blue spawn.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Juste a quick not after several hours of playing: you should disallow building inside the first blue spawn.

Do you mean inside the little hut or at the back of the actual spawnroom? I've fixed the latter but the former hasn't presented any problems when I've played, I'm willing to believe you but can you provide an example of an occasion where it really hasn't worked.

flubber

L4: Comfortable Member
Nov 16, 2007
Well those day i played spy, imo the first spy mission after killing "uber ready doctor" is to destroy Teleport entry, problem is that if an inge build there i can sappe it i usually destroy it with the gun but the cover is blown and the fairly rapid wave of players make it pretty hard especially if there is a sentry as well. I do the same on hoodoo, destroying TP with gun in Part 2 offense spawn, and it's the same problem.

It's not an impossible task to destroy tp with gun :), but it's pretty annoying when you have to blow your cover because of a spawn protected build area. It's so good when you hear on TS the inge insulting you for destroying is entrance far away from his sentry :D.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
I had a look at the rc by myself, I found a few things that I'd never spotted before.

The cart makes the loud squeeky noises that it makes when rolling after I stepped away from it. I think it's supposed to make less noise when you're not capping, but yours doesn't. Also, it can heal while you're not close enough to cap, which I believe is wrong.

In the first BLU spawn, some of the crates (near the right and left exits) can be clearly seen disappearing when you're on the other side of spawn.

I agree wih flubber that you shouldn't be able to build in a protected area like that.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Ah, I just assumed it was still possible to build in there, but I didn't test it in the rc. Nevermind then. :p

Feb 14, 2008
In _rc, there's a blue detail building in the distance from the straight around the corner from the first point. The windows on that building flicker as if they're parallel with the brush that makes up the building.

Cerious

L420: High Member
Aug 10, 2008
Thanks to AWESOME-O for helping me find some of these things! In the second screenie he posted, you can jump from off that sheet of metal to the wooden platform (where you want your offensive engineers to build) or onto the little sheet of metal hanging off the edge on the second floor area. I'm not sure if this is intentional, but its been there for a while.

Anyways, my pictures.

I don't get why you can hang up here, fix this.

I would have a metal door to close this area off, it's bad to leave it open. And you probably should put a resupply locker near that door on the RED-only side, so there is more incentive to go there (hardly anyone goes there in the first place).

Floating debris, and I don't know if you can fix this.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
founded bugs:

plhalfacrerc0001ki0.th.jpg

plhalfacrerc0005zk0.th.jpg

You can't just post pictures and expect me to know what your problem was:glare:
The first screenshot just looks like he's standing on the cart and the second just looks like hes standing on the metal sheet. neither of which are bugs....

Cerious

L420: High Member
Aug 10, 2008
You can't just post pictures and expect me to know what your problem was:glare:
The first screenshot just looks like he's standing on the cart and the second just looks like hes standing on the metal sheet. neither of which are bugs....

We thought the metal sheet was unintentional (which apparently it isn't) and in the first screenshot, I'm actually floating above on top of the cart. I'm not standing, but I'm floating (which is a bug, and I have a screenie of me doing it in repository as well).

EDIT:

If you're on blu and push the cart into the pit, you can uber and jump right on in. It won't kill you, but you can get to the bottom of the pit. I'm not sure if you want it, but it's your call (i like it, actually).

This nodraw stair is in the wooden building at the final point.

Last edited:

Gadget

aa
Mar 10, 2008
I've played alpha 1 and beta 1 of your map and now I just checked out your release candidate to see what has changed. Let me tell you first that I really like
the visual quality and the gameplay. ...and I found a couple of minor things:

o this is the only big issue I have with your design:
pl_halfacre_rc0000.jpg

o some clipping and shadow issues:
pl_halfacre_rc0001.jpg

pl_halfacre_rc0002.jpg

o two errors in the console:
"prop_dynamic at 2214 -2844 199 uses model models/props_lab/clipboard.mdl, which has propdata which means that it be used on a prop_physics. DELETED."
"SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_farm/wood_shack001.mdl)"