func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
wait so i compiled the map with the name pl_abandonedwoods_rc6
and i packed it
so now i need to open hammer to the sourcesdk_content and open the map
rename it and compile and thats it?
just to be sure
If you haven't released RC6 yet, you're good. If you have released it, rename your vmf to something else, then recompile. Open VIDE or CompilePal (the latter can also compile for you), and open your map from the tf/maps location in one of those programs, then pack. You can test to see if you've packed everything on your own computer by opening TF2, typing sv_pure 2 in the console, then load your map. If you see error models, black-and-purple checkerboard textures or the game outright crashes you have missing content.

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
Even if you had a remote shred of evidence to support your opinion, the way you've presented it is entirely useless and only serves to be degrading. If you're irritated by the lack of thoughts behind the mapper's updates, say so! Don't try and act smugly superior about your mapping ability, especially when you have very little to show for yourself.
Whoa whoa whoooaa
I am no pro in saying things as politely as possible in which any of our staff is quite good, and never am I intentionally smugly superior about my mapping skills despite hammer skills (a little different thing) of mine being, well, better than a very beginner's. Let me rephrase my opinion as you said it: irritated by lack of thought behind updates.
About evidence... Well, how he did behave with some previous maps, some were "final" sespite needing serious improvement.

Edit: little to show myself sentence is somewhat right, yes I can run into problems other than unability to do X in hammer releasing a map. but it's a problem if i was smugle superior, which I did not even meaning to be, trying my best not to offend.
Uselessness? If the mapper agrees, he'll be doing his updates closer to the right system, which is an improvement. Being "irritated by lack of thought" means nothing for mapper than they do it wrong, and may even offend them despite overall polite-looking of the phrase.

Last edited:

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Define "some fixes". Update the screenshots with them. We want to know what's changed so we can test the changes.

Flower_Shop_Guy

♪ -- ♫ -- ♪
aa
Mar 10, 2015
Amazing.
cs7EoZI.jpg

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
So it seems that custom content still isn't packed.

If you're unsure if your packing job did what it was supposed to do, load up TF2, type sv_pure 2 then load up your map. If the game crashes, or the custom content shows up as what's depicted in the image above, you have missing content.

Billo

aa
Feb 8, 2016
but i packed it before update it what happent?
is something i need to do before repack the map?

Nighttime71

L2: Junior Member
Jan 11, 2016
Are you sure you even gave us the right download? I get rc7 not rc7e. Maybe in the real newest version you fix the problem but we don't know. If you can pack the custom content then we can test it now because BLU can actually win as I saw.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Did you update the thread download as well?

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
You're right. Why update it, keep the good ol' version, that's so oldschool.