CTF Panamint Springs a18

Hellfire

L9: Fashionable Member
Jul 9, 2008
yea,i like this shots. you are going the right way :D

Waif

L7: Fancy Member
Mar 22, 2009
Quite nice. Blue building on the left in first pic needs some sort of details above the windows. Just little things like pipes and stained overlays here and there.

AntonJ3000

I am inactive and make horrible maps
Oct 29, 2008
A bug inside a building on Stage 1:
ctf_panamint_a130000.jpg

Waif

Mar 22, 2009
Reminds me of goldrush.
:p I think it was a bit too easy for blue throughout, a sec or two off reds respawn waves in each stage may help the team imbalances.

Also a few of your signs/ props had dark shadows due to being placed with the origin in world geometry. Ill upload some proper screenies tomorrow when I have time.

Looking great anyhow, just remember to find a fix for the 30 kill cap ;)

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Bump for our test we had.

I think the cappoints at stage 2 need some work. But it's still weird that 2 - 2 was easy to cap, since when I had a test on another server, it was impossible to cap..

Edit: + Thanks to everybody who tested it, I will maybe update to a14 I have time and submit that one for the friday gameday. :)

Last edited:

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Turn down the round timers...too much time most of the time for red to have a chance at winning. It's ok to add more time after capping the first CP, but sometimes it's a little too much.

Waif

Mar 22, 2009
Well heres a few screenies from the test:

A very dark arrow, either move it out a tiny bit so the origin isn't emmbedded in the surrounding geometry, or make a info_lighting to set its light origin to.
ctf_panamint_a130001.jpg

This wall looks a bit odd just suddenly ending.
ctf_panamint_a130000.jpg

OMG floating scout helmet!!!!!!!!! Thinks it s a server bug :p
ctf_panamint_a120006.jpg

BrokenTripod

L5: Dapper Member
May 11, 2009
Suggestions for fixing overtime:

[ame="http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=8786"]Contest warning: Overtime in CTF maps - TF2Maps.net Forums[/ame]

EDIT: Also the map played well despite this. It seemed kind of hard for Blu this time, I don't know why.

PenPen

L5: Dapper Member
Apr 24, 2008
I joined midway, and I feel that the last capture point in both stages seem rather hard for blu. The first one is basically a 'cave' where sentries are also nested usually. Second one isn't as bad but there's like three paths to the point (unless it's a rocket/sticky jump), one is the spiral, one from the side and one from the red base.

If it sounds too extreme I apologize in advance, but I think the first stage's second point should be a nobuild area, or find some way to open it up slightly more than before.

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Thanks for the feedback so far. :D Are there any others who have some feedback left? :)

And I will look at the overtime-bug tomorrow.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Jonah's got a point, Hanz. You should remove any material in your map that valve uses in their maps. Those materials are just overused.

Waif

Mar 22, 2009
That wasn't really neccessary Big rexy, I think Jonah has a point, the big wooden wall doesn't fit that well in its current location. Nothing major but a wire link fence would look nicer.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
That wasn't really neccessary Big rexy, I think Jonah has a point, the big wooden wall doesn't fit that well in its current location. Nothing major but a wire link fence would look nicer.

Aw cmon now, a little sarcasm never hurt anyone.

But I do have a point with it as well...everytime I play this map on TF2maps.net servers, all I hear is 'looks too much like goldrush', which I suppose at this point has become an inside joke. But no one seems to acknowledge that Goldrush theme is a valid theme to use, and instead seem to be critical on stuff that's overly familiar.

If you want to be critical on stuff that's overly familiar, why not give people a hard time when they use Alpine theme? Because I've seen more Alpine themed maps than goldrush themed ones. And the rain effect as well is starting the become much too popular...I just don't think it's fair for anyone to be hard on a choice of thematic content...there are so many maps out there and the vast majority of them are using themes made by valve...it can be very difficult to maintain originality when using the same materials as everyone else.