Panamint Springs

CTF Panamint Springs a18

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Booj can find it for you if you give a time and a place.

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
ctfpanaminta180000.jpg

This cliff creates a large chokepoint around the first point. Just simply make a hole in it to connect, it would make the place a little less hard to get through (and for RED to come back to).

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Basically; The map was much better before the changes.

Now there are dropdown-ledges everywhere! Stage 2 is pretty much made entirely of such ledges, and 1-2 is pretty annoying too. In addition, the 1st point is way too close to the intel.

For most of the map you need to go back to the a17 or get another overhaul, if you ask me. Sorry for the harsh comments, but I used to love this map.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Basically; The map was much better before the changes.

Now there are dropdown-ledges everywhere! Stage 2 is pretty much made entirely of such ledges, and 1-2 is pretty annoying too. In addition, the 1st point is way too close to the intel.

For most of the map you need to go back to the a17 or get another overhaul, if you ask me. Sorry for the harsh comments, but I used to love this map.

Muffin, your comments are a little puzzling. The number of ledges hasn't actually changed (in fact direct access to them has been reduced). Also the 1st point is actually further away than it was before, despite lowering it from the third floor to the second. Which was a unanimous decision.

Height was deffinately an issue i found. So was distance. Reducing overall size should reduce some of the underlying issues.

Psy has had a look at this map and had the same views about the physical quality of the map in Hammer. There are so many construction issues present in this vmf that reduces my capacity to eaily execute necassery changes. The map needs to be remade to reach its full potential. But that might be more work than i can reasonably put into this map as a collaboration; the skill and knowledge difference is so differing i'd be doing most of the work on what was Hanz's layout which has needed modifying and fixing. It had some areas that were really enjoyable but the map itself has been really contraversial in its content. Some people loved the spire but most hated it with a passion. I guess this also related to peoples favourite roles and class (being able to easily defend a point and rack up loads of points is obviously fun for engineers).

I'll talk to Hanz about where we take Panamint next.

Hellfire

L9: Fashionable Member
Jul 9, 2008
Atleast fix game logic :D Also, for some reason, ive enjoyed old versions more. But thats may be because not that much people played today