Outback

Outback rc4

Sgt Frag

L14: Epic Member
May 20, 2008
It's a fun map. I don't think I played red so don't know if the same second spawn path issue was still happening (see my last post on that).

Still, the last point seems VERY tough to break. I've played a total of about 4 rounds so far and don't think I've seen it won, been close but never finished off.

I think red's spawn needs to be longer, they pour out of spawn faster than they can be killed. And if red gets pushed almost to the end blu needs an advantage for doing so.

Maybe the entire back point just needs more room. It's all about that one tight little corner with multiple levels and even coordinated teamwork doesn't seem to get Blu through it. It really is a small area just outside of spawn and it needs to be more of an epic battle area.

Maybe leave that corner as a chokepoint, push red spawn back 512-1024 units, put one more left bend in track and extend it just a little ways (few track segments).

That would make it longer for red to get there (no spawn time change), would have a good chokepoint, but blu could probably break (due to longer distance to red spawn) and maybe give blu a lillte more room to push in and hold that corner while trying to make the final push.

To me so far the whole map comes down to that one corner and I feel like it is breaking the map as is.

Other than that I like everything.

| Cyclone |

L1: Registered
Aug 23, 2009
i understand, but you do realize 7zip or winrar are free and install and download in under 30 sec, and it shouldn't matter what OS.

yea, but peazip is a full program, to get free winrar you have to dl the preview, or whatever name they call it, that only lasts a month, peazip is a free program that last forever.

no advertisement indended

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
yea, but peazip is a full program, to get free winrar you have to dl the preview, or whatever name they call it, that only lasts a month, peazip is a free program that last forever.

no advertisement indended

no winrar lasts for ever, they just say its a trial. Trust i have been using it on multiple computers for years. And i just formatted and got it again.

keptfireball

Jun 25, 2009
Lol winrar has a problem with there expiration stuff. After the "30 day trial" it will pop up with a window and you can always close that window and use it perfectly. I like 7-zip now because its small and really easy to use. And you can always compress the file alot faster and compressing the files are alot easier. I am eagerly awaiting this next installment of this map and hope everything i have pointed out to swaty has helped through the process of making this map flawless.

runtime

Jul 4, 2009
7z has the best compression of any file format I've seen.

The program isn't nearly as useful as winrar or winzip (both of which are clones of each other) because they have lots of more useful features

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
RC2 IS OUT PEOPLE! :D

Change Log from RC to RC2

RC to RC2 changes:

-Fixed some props clipping to the wall.
-Prop optimization throughout the map.
-Made the 2nd Red spawn deeper underground to give the blue team a chance to attack.
-Fixed some overlays problems.
-Fixed 99% of the clipping issues.
-Fixed a bunch of displacement issues.
-Clipped all the stairs in the map.
-Made some changes around the last part of the map.
-Clossed off some corners around the last part of the map to give red more support to defend.
-Gave blue team more time after capping the 1st and 3rd point.
-Improved fps first part and last part of the map.
-Reduced the spawn time for red team to 8 secs after the 2nd cap.
-Fixed some ugly shadows around the map.
-Added Spec Cameras to the map.
-Optimized the map with hint and skip brushes in some areas.
-Added a dynamic sign for the red team at the 2nd spawn making it less confusing where to go.
-Fixed a few doors not opening fast enough.

-------------------------------------

SPECIAL THANKS!

-Runtime
-Shrimpster
-What's Up Doc?
-Killa
-Cockspider
-Ankh | The Random Pub Spy
-Jman
-Littleedge
-Sgt.Sausage
-BlueBreadTruck
-Nspire
-Hyde
-Dev/null
-swat
-Clockwork
-Bruno
-SlayerExel
-Dmitri
-S.COREA
-Kankle

keptfireball

Jun 25, 2009
Clean map. Really balanced now. Haven't been able to play rc2 with more people but found maybe 1 spot where i can stand on top of. And valves little mishaps with the rocks and stuff. You can make invisible stickies on some of them. But other then those little bugs the map is great. :)

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
f1e5ts.jpg

140ahzb.jpg

This is what i was talking about ingame.

Zwiffle

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 24, 2008
I estimate that it's pretty much balanced. Being mainly on the defending team, we were smaller and probably just a weaker team than offensive overall anyway, we were able to push back Blue at the last point for about 7-8 minutes or so, until they finally overran us and won with 1-2 minutes left on the clock. I'd say that's pretty fair - defense should have a slight edge.

I also say we were a weaker team because, even though we were always down a guy, we never made it to the first point when we went offense. I don't remember seeing anything that was blatantly wrong, but I do remember someone saying they could see inside a forward spawn from a balcony that was easy for defense to cap, so that might end up being a problem.

But yeah the map was a total blast to play - it was smooth, fluid, not too spammy, and had some alternate routes where they counted. Awesome map, I def. think this will be picked up by Valve.

Tapp

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 26, 2009
this looks to be a great map, I can't wait to try it. It'll definately get some default publicity, filling in the 'suspiciously like goldrush' gap in the team locations (scout gets well, soldier gets granary, demo for gravelpit, heavy gets dustbowl, engy gets hydro, spy is 2fort and sniper is this) but you definately need to fix that stalemate point that everybody is complaining about (I'll look for myself tomorrow)

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
this looks to be a great map, I can't wait to try it. It'll definately get some default publicity, filling in the 'suspiciously like goldrush' gap in the team locations (scout gets well, soldier gets granary, demo for gravelpit, heavy gets dustbowl, engy gets hydro, spy is 2fort and sniper is this) but you definately need to fix that stalemate point that everybody is complaining about (I'll look for myself tomorrow)

Not sure what stalemate point you are talking about.

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
Well, the third point is hard to cap I'm aware of that, but before it was just too easy for blue to go there and kill all the red guys and cap the point.

Sgt Frag

L14: Epic Member
May 20, 2008
Actually played another round of this and capped the cart :)
But it is still tough. err TOUGH, maybe too tough still. At this rate I've only seen it capped once in maybe 8 rounds.

Just happened that we got the cart pretty close, I demo jumped in from the back behind their team, blew everyone up while one person yelled 'demo behind us!', then moved in and pushed the cart in.
If I hadn't jumped in I don't think the cap would've been made and it would've been 0-8.

It really needs to be closer to 4-4 wins/loses. Even if it's only 2-6 it would be better.
It's a good map but if blu never wins people will probably get tired of playing it thinking they don't even stand a chance as blu.
I don't know what win/loss results anyone else has experienced but the cC players are pretty decent and even maps people complian about being 'unwinnable' get won more than that.

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
It sounds to me like he's insulting the map by saying that it's only TWL quality and not CEVO. Probably not, but that's just how it came off to me.

He is insulting the map, he does that to me and my map all the time, I know he is joking :D. He is a great friend, known him for 4 years, I don't take it personal though. :p

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
He is insulting the map, he does that to me and my map all the time, I know he is joking :D. He is a great friend, known him for 4 years, I don't take it personal though. :p

oh lol i didnt realize it was runtime who was saying that, i thought it was just some random person who thought twl was so great XD.