Outback

Outback rc4

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
Entered the map for game day test this Friday. There aren't any glitches and things where you get stuck on in rc2 as far as I'm concerned so I think this is pretty much a final. I mean if you guys find more things for me to fix, then I'll defiantly release another one (rc3).

Wegason

L3: Member
Aug 16, 2009
I would leave it in RC2 for a significant time to get all bugs before thinking about releasing RC3.

I really love your map, its come along way since earlier versions and plays nicely.

runtime

L1: Registered
Jul 4, 2009
SWATY dropped out of school to work on this map

No lie

So y'all better like it or he might just kill himself

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
pl_outback_rc20001.jpg

Couldn't explain what this was in words, so I screenshotted it. It's in one of the buildings just outside setupgates.

Also I seemed to bump into something or get stuck (strange rubberband effect) around the upper doorway at the last capture. Up on the catwalk. Edit: now that I think about it, might be the spawndoors below poking trough??

It wasn't like blue had it easy to win (it was a pretty good pace through the map), but for red it felt really difficult to defend until time ran out. I can't judge from just 2 rounds with the same people on the same teams, but it felt like blue gained too much time for each capture. Again: don't take this as facts :p

Vander

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Feb 16, 2008
Today was my first time playing the map. Admittedly, I wasn't in the server the full time it was in for play.

Having said that, I was very impressed with the polish of your map. Beautiful. I agree with Ravidge, it seemed at one point Blu got stalled out for a long time at a chokepoint, but was never in danger of running out of time.

Blue552

L3: Member
Sep 16, 2009
This looks like a really nice map.

You have taken the oldest style of TF2 maps and turned it into something completely new!

Also looks really fun to play.

keptfireball

Jun 25, 2009
Also I seemed to bump into something or get stuck (strange rubberband effect) around the upper doorway at the last capture. Up on the catwalk. Edit: now that I think about it, might be the spawndoors below poking trough??
Yea i get the same effect on the last capture. I'm pretty sure it isnt the spawn door because playing the map by yourself you will still probably get the same effect. It doesn't really bother me that much but when it happens multiple times or your like wtf was that. But anyways test day and game day had a really good turnout and to find swaty get the compliments of about how people say this map might be up for the new update. I'm really proud of how swaty has come this far from the older betas. :woot:

pl

L5: Dapper Member
Mar 6, 2009
I really enjoyed this map at Gameday. I love how you've taken the best bits from Goldrush and Badwater, and it simply looks just stunning whereever you are.

My only negative is what many others have mentioned about RED being able to effectively lock down the final cap's area. I think if you gave BLU perhaps a small sideroute it would be at least a bit easier for BLU. Apart from that it plays very well!

Keep it up :)

| Cyclone |

Aug 23, 2009
can you give me a decent server that has this 24/7? or any server that has it for that matter.

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
can you give me a decent server that has this 24/7? or any server that has it for that matter.

The brothel had a 24/7 up for a while not sure if it still is, But i no top notch (TN) clan has a 24/7 payload server with all the latest pl maps and this was always on their and up to date.

I see it all over the place just type nominate on random servers you happen to be if you are and see if its on the list.

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
The brothel had a 24/7 up for a while not sure if it still is, But i no top notch (TN) clan has a 24/7 payload server with all the latest pl maps and this was always on their and up to date.

I see it all over the place just type nominate on random servers you happen to be if you are and see if its on the list.

The brothel had some issues with their server, they said they'll put it up again in a few days.

keptfireball

Jun 25, 2009
good solid map. Everytime i play it on random servers i always try and get a ton of people in the game. Most of the people like the map and i try and get enough information to help swaty out with a little improvements. Still a good map, always a good map.