Outback rc4

By S.W.A.T.Y

1. Citizen Snips

Citizen Snips L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    I guess that's true.

Though while this one is at least a release candidate, Haarp is still a beta.

2. Languid

Languid L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    When steel was made official, it was b4, I believe.
    I don't think haarp will have any major changes made to it (apart from some tweaking of the second stage maybe) before it will be effectively 'finished'.

3. pilger

pilger L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    This map is a big success on my server, with the exception of the last point with the humongous respawn times. Nothing that grave, though. Still a very good map.

Is there any chances that there would be a fix for the pink checkerboard textures appearing on all reflective surfaces!? It's a big turndown for me, at least.:(

4. RaVaGe

aa RaVaGe

Positive Ratings:
    S.W.A.T.Y just don't care about your feedback, really.

5. Sel

Sel Banned

Positive Ratings:
    SWATY was banned a long time ago for being too good for this site. Sorry but you won't be able to get into contact with him here.

6. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    fixed that

7. pilger

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for the feeback, guys.

Well, it might be a stupid question, but is it there a way to fix it without him!?

8. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    In theory you could just build cubemaps and release a version of the map- presuming that unbuilt cubemaps are the only problem.

9. pilger

Positive Ratings:
    Would that be something a fairly newbie, but determined, person could achieve spending a reasonable ammount of time?

10. Tarry H Sruman

Tarry H Sruman Large Orphanage Proprietor

Positive Ratings:
    In theory it would only take a few seconds and 1 console command.

11. pilger

Positive Ratings:
    I don't mean to bother you guys much, but where could I find more info on this matter and how to fix it?

Would someone care to send me a link to a more, say, directed content!?

12. Idolon

aa Idolon the worst admin

Positive Ratings:
  13. Pocket

aa Pocket Ya like Jazz?

Positive Ratings:
    Don't problems arise if you try to rename the file afterward, though? I know I've read somewhere about how renaming a map file after it's made does something bad.

14. Tarry H Sruman

Tarry H Sruman Large Orphanage Proprietor

Positive Ratings:
    iirc the problem is that the cubemaps break, so if you're just adding cubemaps I dont think it would be a problem. However, I could be pulling that information out of my ass so take that with a grain of salt

15. pilger

Positive Ratings:
    Oh, goody. I followed the console instructions on "https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Cubemaps#Team_Fortress_2" and it appeared to have worked well, despite the errors it returned.

But how could I extend this fix to everybody on my server, being I the server administrator!? Would it be sufficient to simply send the map on my client to the server and let the whole people download it again!?

And many thanks for all the help! I much appreciate all the map making work and I plan to get into it someday.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  16. Pocket

aa Pocket Ya like Jazz?

Positive Ratings:
    You have to rename the map (_rc4a or something) and then players will be forced to download it. If you don't, they'll be kicked for having an identically-named copy that's different, anyway.