PLR Nightfall

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.
Sep 12, 2008
The last stage was somewhat confusing. But for the rest the map played quite well. Only in the second stage it was kinda hard to push back when the enemy got closer to the end, and get to your own cart back again. But I really enjoyed playing the map.

Phobos

L3: Member
Feb 22, 2009
During the playtest I heared complaints that the map is too big, but it didn't seem too big to me. Although it was my first time playing on it, the size of the map felt just about right to me.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
beautifull atmosphere even with just dev-tex

but i think once it´s detailed it will be a severe fps drop like last stage of pipeline... hope not :/

I'll try not to fall into that trap. :p

Alpha 10b - 21st August - Evening

• Potentially fixed bug which caused the carts to rollforward at round start of Stage 3
  • Added a missing ammopack in RED's tunnel on S2. oops!

Fearlezz

L10: Glamorous Member
May 4, 2008
As mentioned, this map has a great athomsphere. But I have yet to play this map, because gameday is always full when this is on >: (

And I love your detailing so far, its not to complicated and fits TF2. Keep working on this mate.

Last edited:

Wegason

Aug 16, 2009
Great atmosphere and great design, I enjoyed playing this immensely and unlike Pipeline, there was no stalemate, rounds were over in decent amounts of time. The last round is quite cool.

It obviously needs detailing but I didn't notice too much of an FPS drop at the moment, its a great map and I look forward to playing it again once you've detailed it more.

Sep 12, 2008
After we played your map everyone's particles were bugged too! Yay, it's not only my map's problem then! :D

BrokenTripod

L5: Dapper Member
May 11, 2009
Aww, I can't believe I missed a10! I really badly wanted to see your new stage 3. I'll definitely try to make it the next time it's on.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Watching the STV demo I'm quite happy with how it played out. For Stage 3 I'm going to modify the respawn timers a little.

Once the cart reaches the peak of the hill, the respawn waves of the team that the cart belongs to is going to be set to 10 seconds over the 3 second respawn determined at the beginning of the round. Removing people from the cart or better yet killing them will be more rewarding in the long run and it will also give the losing team more time to get their cart to the same position.

Wegason

Aug 16, 2009
What I thought was good about the map was in Stage One, the opposition team had pushed the cart near to the cap point and were about to cap but some last ditch defending from me and others stopped it. I was then able, as a pyro, to sneak through to our cart near their cap point as the opposition concentrated on capping our point and move the cart to cap the point before they realised i'd done it.

The side routes and ability to take differing routes to get to the cap point allowed this and I think makes the map very balanced as you have to defend and attack at the same times, not just concentrate on attacking. Even if I had failed to cap, it would have allowed some breathing room for my team as the opposition would now need to keep a few people back to defend their cart and watch for a surprise cap.

I think the fact I was able to easily negotiate my way through a side/back route to the cap also shows the intuitive nature of your map, even though these side routes had not been detailed at all.

I love the map and I probably had the most fun on your map during the gameday yesterday.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
We tested the changes I mentioned to Stage 3 and they seemed to work. The team lagging behind easily managed to gain substantial ground and get it almost to the same point as the other team's cart. :D

Zanpa

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 17, 2009
When it rolls forward, you aren't able to stop the cart completely by standing near it. It's intented.
But you can completetely stop it : as an Engineer, build a dispenser in front of the cart, and get yourself between the cart and the dispenser. The cart tries to push you, but you are blocked by your dispenser.

I thought I had a screenshot of this, but I must have lost it.
That's not much of an issue, and I don't think you can do anything about it anyway...

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
That's probably caused by my failed copy and paste of the cart logic because I also forgot to copy the team-specific filters over. :p

There'll be another test version of S3 tomorrow. DaBeatz gave me an idea I'd wish to try out.

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
megacool !
lovely lovely lovely :)
saveed for inspiration :D

Zwiffle

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 24, 2008
Hey that time-lapse vid was pretty awesome. How long did it take you to make that? I'm loving the screenshots, they show a generally fun and inventive layout with some creative combat in mind. I think I will make a concerted effort to help test this on Game Day provided I have the time.

More time lapse!