PLR Nightfall

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008

Alpha 11 - October 3rd

• General
  • Features a mostly complete Stages 1 and 2. :D
  • Added the overtime system as seen in Panic. The carts will automatically start rolling forward once the round timer ends. Players are still able to push the cart during this period.
  • Added (proper) soundscapes.
  • Optimised the map neatly unlike in previous versions.

Stage 1
  • Changed some staircases so they're no longer convoluted.
  • Widened a lot of doorways.
  • Moved a single setupgate closer towards the middle and removed the lower setupgate. (The one on the right when - from BLU's spawn - you walk out the top exit)
  • Changed a side route so it's less convoluted. Also moved the healthkit and ammopack along this route further back and away from each team's spawn.

Stage 2
  • Added some extra staircases in the middle allowing players to move between the lower and upper floors without using the ramps that the cart travels up.
  • Removed the horrid angled buildings in the middle and replaced them with lighter and more suitable cover.
  • Remove the two healthkits in the center building and replaced them with a single large healthkit.
  • In the center, the ammopacks have moved to the middle of the rooms so you no longer have to walk over to the far wall to collect them.
  • In the center (again), there is a collection of props that allows Scouts to jump from the lower floor to the upper floor of the center building.
  • Widened the small enclosed section in each base where many engineers would place sentries.

Stage 3
  • Replaced the bridge with a small shack with 2 gates on either side that open and close depending on either team's progress. For example, if BLU get to the slope first, their gate closes and will only open again once RED reach the slope.
  • Fixed a bug which caused players who had pushed the cart down onto the slope to be healed indefinitely by the cart's dispenser.
  • Mirrored the rock models so each side is evenly balanced.

Last edited:

Fearlezz

L10: Glamorous Member
May 4, 2008
Great to see this map progress so greatly, awesome work.

Wegason

L3: Member
Aug 16, 2009
Downloading and putting on me server

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
I wish I had half your capacity :)
Looks astonishing.

Wegason

Aug 16, 2009
Join us Tuesday at 8pm British Summer Time on 83.142.49.185:28015

I'll make sure we play this on our game night, everyone is welcome

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Alpha 11b
  • Fixed cart logic. Short end of a long story - it works properly now. :p (Thanks to Ezekel for finding this)
  • Fixed an areaportal in RED's spawn on Stage 1.

Detail looks almost done; this map is pretty much in beta..

Yes. Apart from Stage 3 which is mostly dev textures at the moment.

Join us Tuesday at 8pm British Summer Time on 83.142.49.185:28015

I'll make sure we play this on our game night, everyone is welcome

Thanks. Please make sure you leave feedback. :D

I ran through and learned the layout of each stage, and they all look fun as hell.

The only issue I can see is pickup placement...

Screenshots would be good. ;)

Wegason

Aug 16, 2009
I have attached a picture of a problem.

First stage, blue team, gates covering this exit from locked area during set-up are not there, I can access the middle of the map, I checked red side and they could not.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Woah. That's weird. Is this during the first round of the map or after everything in the map is reset for the second round?

Wegason

Aug 16, 2009
It was the first round of the map.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
That's a very silly mistake on my behalf. Fixing it right now. Thanks. :p

EDIT:

Alpha 11c
  • Added missing setupgate on Stage 1

Last edited:

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Any feedback from the testing just moments ago?