PLR Nightfall

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

taraph75

L1: Registered
Apr 23, 2009
We played this on the TF2newbs.com payload playtest. I took notes on all of the comments people made.
Stage 1 - From Upper balcony it's a long walk to the resupply cabinet
Ave rating was 2.94
too small

Hellfire

L9: Fashionable Member
Jul 9, 2008
small issue screen attached.

all in all liked this map.

Last edited:

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Gameday Thoughts: Played well, rounds didn't stagnate for long. I see no reason not to move onto Stage 3 now.

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
We just had this during GD and I have to say it is a decent, playable map. Maybe up the speed of the gates/doors a bit, Scouts seemed to run against them sometimes before getting through.

The map does feel large, too. I'm not sure if it actually is; a certain Spy had a lot of fun in it however. (Possibly just because we don't know the map.)

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
plr_nightfall_a9-1.jpg

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
I've been watching the STV demo from last Gameday. I'm still feeling a little iffy about the layout particularly the middle area of stage 2. It just seems really cramped and a bit deathmatchy. What I would like to do is remove the rollback areas and make the area generally flatter with the track running along a flat floor with some side buildings that lead up to the current second floor of each team's base and offer minor height advantages. Generally I want it to open up a bit and allow more mid-to-long range fighting.

Thoughts?

LightningSpike

L1: Registered
Aug 4, 2009
I haven't played this (yet), but holy crud, that is a nice looking map. Also I love your avatar.

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
I love the detailing style, looks very nice!

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Alpha 9 - 13th August

• Finally decided to add Stage 3
  • Changed the rolldown logic because of Stage 3. You can now push the cart as you normally would but leaving it unattended will cause it to slowly rolldown the hill very gently. Players can block the cart when it is being pushed and reduce it's speed to point that it's as if it was unattended.
  • Ramps are now smooth as the day they were born. No more funny looking cart angles.
  • The backroute of Stage 1 is now accesible through the middle for those that wish to do so.
  • In the spawns of Stage 1, the wooden wall has been removed and there is now a spawndoor at the top of the staircase.
  • Did a bit of detailing. It is most delicious and fancy.
  • Removed all doors of a one-way nature.

Waif

L7: Fancy Member
Mar 22, 2009
Not only does it look real nice, up there with sawmill- but it seems you have fixed most of the issues that were bugging me.
Look forward to testing it.:rolleyes:

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
I do believe that a brand new Stage 3 is the order of the day.

plr_nightfall_s3_new1.jpg

plr_nightfall_s3_new2.jpg

plr_nightfall_s3_new3.jpg

plr_nightfall_s3_new4.jpg

Grab Alpha 10 here.

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
the 2nd last shot just screeeeams "atmosphere" to me :D
i think you're doing a wonderful job on the map - you should be gettin more feedbacks - well deserved !!
do you have custom rocks going on there ? or did i just dig not deep enough in the tf2-folders ?

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
The rocks are somewhat custom. I had to create mirrored versions of the Valve rocks for Stage 3.

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
ah, ok, thought i recognized some overstylish rock formations but i guess there's just too many of them to remember ^^
anyways again, the atmosphere is really really moody. i'll be following this progress !