New Announcer Lines for Chistmas Update

Radaka

L420: High Member
May 24, 2009
Now hang on a minute, I actually heard several of these in-game last night before my TWL match started (and during). Whenever the enemy team captured the middle point of granary she said one! It was so strange...

SiniStarR

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Mar 31, 2009
two theories.

1. As stated before it has "dec" in their names and Christmas is the gift of giving. Think back to World War 1. With the Christmas Truce. A day or 2 of unofficial truce for Christmas eve and Christmas, if you look at it that way it makes things seem a little more clearer.

2.It could be a different take on push-ctf (although not likely)

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
I hope to god, it's going to be like *bbzzztttttztzt* am I *bbazzzzzzztttash* reaking u- *bzzzzt*

Also, I'm guessing something like a ghost, santa comes with 30 seconds worth of an extra 10% of crits or something ie "Friendship ends in 10 seconds!"

"It's me or him and I pay your salary, make your choice!"

could also be something to do with a new console command

ORRRRR

Trading = friendship? Eh who knows.

Martham112

L2: Junior Member
May 6, 2009
I was playing earlier today and I heard one of these play where our team capped a point in a Dustbowl style map. Can't be sure what it was, because of all the guns, but I know it wasn't a usual one.

Bermuda Cake

L9: Fashionable Member
Feb 20, 2009
maybe one person from each team will be told they are a saboteur, and then they have to not alert their own team?

Armadillo of Doom

Group Founder, Lover of Pie
aa
Oct 25, 2007
Wow I was late to this party, lol.

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
maybe one person from each team will be told they are a saboteur, and then they have to not alert their own team?

Well if the saboteur is a teamkiller it won't be hard to spot them. If they kill the other team then it's just a deathmatch...

I was thinking something along the lines of one player on each team are chosen randomly to work together to kill the other team as spy. Maybe they have to kill 'x' enemies (each?) but if they are both dead at the same time they loose...

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
Is it some person making them??? :I probably not.
I say we wait for it to go on www.teamfortress.com :)

Anyway whats this about christmas pressy filled cart??? XD

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Someone try playing a CP map with a friend on the enemy team.

Feb 14, 2008
I played a PCW just now with no friends on the other team (just on mine) and I heard those sounds twice when mid was captured.

Also, tidbit, it appears the sounds are heard per person rather than per team. I was the only one who heard them at that stage, but one of my teammates heard it at a different time, and I didn't hear it then.

But yeah, it happens when points are captured I believe.

gamemaster1996

Sep 30, 2009
So is it part of some new game mode or just an addition to current ones?

Feb 14, 2008
It's nothing to do with game modes it just happens, and I reckon it happens when points are captured. Surely you could have interpreted that from above?

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
Also, tidbit, it appears the sounds are heard per person rather than per team.

Oh god she's coming for us Valve what have you done

gamemaster1996

Sep 30, 2009
Sorry im a tad tired just finished a1 of my new map which i'll op tommorow and hopefully post.

martijntje

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Aug 2, 2009
So far, we haven't seen anyone on the various forums out there who's figured it out," Valve's Robin Walker told us, noting that "user reports of hearing them in-game are also legit" and "there's something about the way they're used in-game that's meaningful.
while (message==2short){addchar(random());};