**Need help filling the TF2Maps.net Server**

Snipergen

L13: Stunning Member
Nov 16, 2007
I get a server full on my own in 30 minutes. I need admin power, dustbowl to get it full, than custom maps.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
Hrm, admin powers to a couple of contributing mature members would be a good idea. Maybe just enough for map changes.

I think entedit can apply decals into certain parts of maps without editing them... You see it on other servers, we could try to get that going for the stock maps.
i was trying to think of that entedit tool :lol:

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008

Awesome..

I'll check the server out, is it EU or US based? Steam is horrible for anything over 80 ping. Especially when it starts to hit your fps for some reason. I miss being able to play on WON with 250 ping and get practically no gaming issues, (it synced really well, no idea how it works; but it did).

Snipergen

Nov 16, 2007
Heh.

Well server fills up nice and quick. But plz plz get rid of well and granary in the rotation.
The default map is turbine. That doesn't work. A good rotation is goldrush-dustbowl. Than if people join admins move on to other maps.

Fireman

L4: Comfortable Member
Mar 21, 2008
Methinks we need some good custom maps put onto rotation, seems kind of silly for a custom mapping community to not have any customs on their server :D

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
Methinks we need some good custom maps put onto rotation, seems kind of silly for a custom mapping community to not have any customs on their server :D
working on it. just need a good list. suggestions?

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
Did someone reset my stats on gametracker? I had 2.5 hours this morning, and after playing from about 10am to 4:46pm today, my total is at 3.8 hours... which SUCKS. And now my arm is too sore from playing to put in more time... I kind of want my full nine and a half hours of playtime counted. :(

Last edited:

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
Did someone reset my stats on gametracker? I had 2.5 hours this morning, and after playing from about 10am to 4:46pm today, my total is at 3.8 hours... which SUCKS.

might be lagging. Pepper and I know you were there though, i was in a bit with you.

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
Okay, thanks... I'll check later and see what it is at.

EDIT: Yay! I have 8.9 hours as of now and am the bestest person on the server.

Last edited:

AWESOME-O

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 20, 2008
Suggestions for custom server, als reasonable alpha and beta, keep it refreshing every week, make a rtv command, so when ppl want to play there map with others they can try to RTV it, or just message a admin... :)

trackhed

L3: Member
Jan 24, 2008
as far as customs go, ctf_convoy and ctf_mach4 are my faves, i used to play on a 24/7 convoy server, but they have since changed it over to 24/7 turbine (booo)

MrAlBobo

Feb 20, 2008
so...ive been trying to populate the server over the past 2 days...and its quite hard to do alone with a newish server

so...yeah...

anyone who has enough free time add me on steam and ill message you when I intend to start attempting to populate the server, im MrAlBobo