Sergis

1. Sergis

aa Sergis L666: ])oo]v[

Positive Ratings:
    I can do that?

2. tyler

aa tyler

Positive Ratings:
    Probably, I'm not sure. But Mangy changed the HUD icons for CSF and KOTH maps pre-official KOTH had custom shit in them. I don't see why not tbh

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    Thats what everyone was telling you on the server -_-"

And talk to Mangy or Icarus. Icarus made Mangy's Estate hud overlays... so one of them will know what to do.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Sergis

Positive Ratings:
    i played around with CSF recently. the cp icons were changed. the intel ones were not. CPs have icon related properties, neither intel nor hybridhud entity has anything like it.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  5. Sergis

Positive Ratings:
    after consulting Boojum, getting reminded of the existance of HUD Type variable in tf_gamerules, seeing players getting confused by the intel icon and simply hating it, i've decided to remove it in favor of two hydrosigns pointing toward the train in both comp and pub versions
    [​IMG]

also, question. should i try to widen the doorways on the track in pub version same way i did in the comp one?

6. Sergis

Positive Ratings:
    aaand two more questions. should i widen the bridge and should i widen the ramps at mid in pub version?

[​IMG]

7. Fr0Z3nR

Positive Ratings:
    Yes to all.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Sergis

Positive Ratings:
    coming up:

widened doorways with doors that fold on themselves to fit in the space they shouldnt fit
    [​IMG]

overlay silliness
    [​IMG]

train synced hydrosigns. it's interesting how 180(degrees of turning) / (4624 (length of path track selection) - 2*8 (two outer halves of path tracks) / 50 (train speed) ) comes out to be almost 2
    [​IMG]

9. Sergis

Positive Ratings:
    another question, a technical one this time. how do i deal with gaps in my overlays? (apart from covering them up)
    [​IMG]

the fuckers seem to be very persistent

10. tyler

aa tyler

Positive Ratings:
    Are they aligned?

If not select what needs aligning and the overlay tool. Hold shift and drag the corner of one to the corner of another and they'll snap together.

Looks like they are, though, I can't really tell what the issue is.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2011
  11. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    hold shift while moving the anchors and they'll lock with the closest other anchor.

Also, hold shift whilst clicking brush faces to get one overlay applied to multiple faces.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  12. Sergis

Positive Ratings:
    i did align them using shiftclick, the gaps i have go through the middle of the overlay.
    after rechecking, i found that one gap indeed was due to unaligned overlay (even though i shift-aligned them), but the other one contined to persist, behaving like a no-overlay zone

[​IMG]

the displacements under there are sewn so its not them

edit: bonus glitch - after saving and reopening, the gap that i fixed reappears and overlay anchors arent aligned again

edit2: now it seems to be fixed but another alignment gap keeps reappearing after being fixed. wtf.

bottom line of edits: i think i can manage alignment gaps reappearing, but i have no idea what to do with mid-overlay ones

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  13. tyler

aa tyler

Positive Ratings:
    Any z-fighting going on?

Remake them?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Sergis

Positive Ratings:
    okay, ive found the cause. the overlay just doesn't like when the displacement under it is vertexedited into a certain shape

[​IMG]

15. Sergis

Positive Ratings:
    gave the halloween version another try, managed to make it look halloweeny, however disappearing parented spotlights, glitchy parented path tracks and most importantly unacceptably low framerate made me quit this idea for good.

[​IMG]

16. English Mobster

English Mobster L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Did you put a light_spot on the train? I heard those don't like to be moved, even when they're dynamic. It could cause some severe framerate issues and disappearances of the light, plus general funniness.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Sergis

Positive Ratings:
    i put only the visual effect, not an actual light. i dont trust source with moving lights :D it was disappearing when looked at from a certain spot every single compile.

18. Fr0Z3nR

Positive Ratings:
    Halloween indeed...

The 2 flanking buildings look like they need more detail, they look bland. And the general lighting is pretty low.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Sergis

Positive Ratings:
    so i tried to fix the announcer by setting up the sounds manually with point_clientcommand. that works when i run around the map on my own, but broke in the playtest. i guess ill just go RC regardless of the bug.

20. Sergis

Positive Ratings:
    I wonder if the HDR lighting is even worth it. Sure, it looks better but I really don't feel like doubling the release filesize over that.