Monopod

Deloras

L2: Junior Member
Aug 20, 2009
I'm done with the derrick! At first I planed to ask a friend to modelize it, but then I decided to take the whole shit in hands and here it is!

I tried to get close to reallity with the original tf2 props and here is something I managed to do with props that have nothing in common and were never meant to be together:

And an overlay that was made by the same mate that did me the crane:

Incoming A9, stay tuned!

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
Hella sexy.

Nov 14, 2009
Looks great!
I chuckled at the BP.
This map reminds me (in a good way) of the oil rigs in Just Cause 2.

All it needs is a guy to parasail in and BLOW SHIT UP. WHY? JUST CUS!

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Very odd map. People don't know where to go, whether on BLU or RED. First point gives RED a huge advantage, while BLU dominates the area around B sans the actual point building. C is essentially a huge spampit and doesn't play well. Give the map more flow, alleviate general spam, and you've got yourself a pretty good map.

Deloras

Aug 20, 2009
Is that all? Are you the only one who played the map friday? I thank you for the feedback, but I would like to thank more people...

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
I joined late, so only played on this for a couple of minutes before it switched. Not enough to give any good feedback, I'm afraid.

It did seem difficult to figure out where to go however.

Kep

Deloras

Aug 20, 2009
I've a question, if I put a negative value for "fog start", will the fog be more dense at the player position than with 0? I mean if a positive value means that the fog begins at this specified distance from the player, will a negative value means that the player is already into the fog?

Languid

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 9, 2009
I believe it does. I'm not sure how it'd look using actual fog settings, it might make things look overly washed out, but it works very well with 3d skybox settings, as seen in badwater (and my artpass map :D )

Tiftid

the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
aa
Sep 10, 2016
If you go to this site, do Ctrl-F and search for "monopod", you can find A11, which seems to be the last version. Clicking on the map's filename will let you download the BSP.

moo

L1: Registered
Jun 14, 2021
For some reason the .bsp file is a .bsp.xz file, and TF2 doesn't read it as a map

DrSquishy

we've all had better times to die
aa
Feb 10, 2017
For some reason the .bsp file is a .bsp.xz file, and TF2 doesn't read it as a map
Open the .BSP.XZ file with 7zip and extract the BSP file from it, as .XZ files are compressed archives of sorts.