Mojave

CP Mojave rc

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Not besides what I left in game! I liked your map. Didn't see much of the second stage but the first was great.

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
It feels pretty tad spammy, consider adding more space to move around near smaller doorways leading to areas.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
S1 CP 2 plays a lot better.

S2 CP2 is too far away. The walk distance is rediculous and the defencible positions for RED are extremely easy to hold.

You should bring CP2 closer to CP1, reducing the walk time. Or move CP1 back a bit more. It was fairly quick and easy to take and wasn't really that interesting either. Reduce the cap reward, even though CP2 was practically impossible to cap, we did manage it after 7 or 8 minutes once we got a couple tele's up. But it was absolutely dependant on those tele's.

Make sure BLU don't have to battle past RED's spawn in order to reach the CP. That was the most problematic issue, coupled with RED having vision over all routes accessing CP2.

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
So I have been trying to redo CP2 in stage 2 but I really can't come up with any good ideas. :/ If somebody would have an idea to fix CP2 as grazr said feel free to tell me!

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
26/20/2011: A5:

-Added one way door at the high route for BLU going to CP2 - Stage 1.
-Reworked both CP's in stage 2

Download:

TF2Maps: http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=4415
Dropbox: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/754215/Contest 6/cp_hanzmap_a5.bsp.bz2

Screenshots:

cp_hanzmap_a50002.jpg

cp_hanzmap_a50003.jpg

cp_hanzmap_a50004.jpg

cp_hanzmap_a50005.jpg

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
So what I saw from the test are the following things; Stage 1 - CP1 seems fine, but I will give it a longer capture time to make it go less fast.
Stage 1 - CP2 might be too hard, I'm not sure about this, it seemed to play okay as well but might be a little tricky to cap, thoughts on this one?
Stage 2 - CP1 seems a little too easy, I will also give this one a longer capture time and have a look at the ammo and health pick-ups for RED, I'm not sure if the layout is bad here, I don't think so, but if I'm wrong, you can tell me.
Stage 2 - CP2 was too hard, none of the teams managed to capture it and BLU also couldn't really get close to it, the fight mostly happened around the entrances to the 2nd area. I will have a look at the CP itself and the building on the high ground, because I don't really like both.

If you have any suggestions or things that could help me, feel free to post them!

Languid

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 9, 2009
I'd say at the moment stage 1 is better than 2. There's no real problems with point 1 of stage 2, it just never factored into the stage that much. As for point 2, it seemed a lot of the attacking positions were steeply above the defending area where all the fighting happened, making defense not too fun. Meanwhile the actual point was quite far back from this area, making the attackers more inclined to just kill defenders over and over instead of pushing in. If you place the point closer to the main fighting areas, with perhaps a little more room and the point raised slightly, I think it would be a more interesting contest with more fighting on the point.

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
08/03/2011: A6:

- Capture times are now 10 seconds for each first CP in a stage, 5 seconds for each second CP in a stage
- The tunnel and the main building leading to area 2 in stage 1 have now seperated entrances
- Added a little piece of cover at Stage 2 - CP1 for RED to create a new sentry spot
- Changed a few things on the Stage 2 - CP2 capturezone to make it harder for soldiers to rocketjump to the point and spam rockets on it + to make it easier for BLU to kill campers on the capturezone
- Widened sideroute to Stage 2 - CP2
- Altered the layout of the building with height advantage at Stage 2 - CP2
- and lot of other minor changes

Download:

Dropbox: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/754215/Contest 6/cp_hanzmap_a6.bsp.bz2

Screenshots:

cp_hanzmap_a60004.jpg

cp_hanzmap_a60005.jpg

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
I enjoyed myself playing the map more than before. But I think the B's in both stages were a little too hard to cap. I will try and move around the rocks at Stage 1 - CP2 to kill the OP sentryspot and I might make it a little more open over there.
For Stage 2 - CP2 I don't really know what the issue was, BLU was able to set up a forward base at the entrances to area 2, but never really got to the CP because of I think the 2 sentries which were hard to kill.

If you have any feedback on this, I would greatly appreciate it!

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
My entry for the 6th Major Contest.

10/03/2011: A7:

- Raised BLU respawntimes a bit for CP 1 in both stages
- Added health for BLU at the main transition between CP 1 and 2 in stage 1
- Added new route for BLU to CP 2 in stage 1
- Added windows in setupgates in stage 2
- Changed the most right entrance to the 2nd area in stage 2 in BLU's perspective to make it less open and to prevent RED spamming that corner
- Widened the door of the sideroute to CP 2 - Stage 2 to make it easier to take out sentries

Download:
Dropbox: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/754215/Contest 6/cp_hanzmap_a7.bsp.bz2

Screenshots:

cp_hanzmap_a70001.jpg

cp_hanzmap_a70002.jpg

cp_hanzmap_a70004.jpg

cp_hanzmap_a70005.jpg

cp_hanzmap_a70006.jpg

Soupstorm

L2: Junior Member
Sep 22, 2009
The impression I get from my initial flythrough is this:

Stage 1: Overall, really good. CP1 area seems fine. CP2 seems very slightly too easy to defend. The tunnel from A to B is a little long.
Stage 2: Overscaled by about 10-20%. The boarded-up door looks like it would play havoc with a defending Sentry's targeting, making it very easy for a Sniper or Soldier to take it out with proper positioning. The lower BLU route to B, bringing you around the outer edge of the B area, feels a little removed from the flow gates and central no-man's-land.

Other than that, it looks like a lot of fun. I look forward to playtesting it!

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
I think the map was fine except for CP2 that was too hard and spammy because of the rocks blocking lots of visibility and having a very good sentry spot?

I will probably just remove the rocks or lower them a lot, if you have any other suggestions, please tell me!

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Okay so for the friday gameday, I couldnt make the whole session So I'd really like it if a few of you told me what you thought about it. I think stage 1 - cp2 is still a pain but I don't really know what to do about it. I'll watch the Stv demo soon but all feedback is welcome!

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Okay so I watched the STV and I saw that 1-1 was a little too easy for RED to defend, probably because of the low spawntimes for RED (3 for BLU, 5 for RED, I'll make it 2 for BLU and 6 for RED). Also I saw that there were a few OP sentryspots, I'll have a look at that as well.
Also CP2 in Stage 1 seemed too hard again, I don't really know what to do about this, so please tell me if you have any feedback!

Nov 2, 2010
Stage 2 was very fun, and seemed balanced IMO. Stage 1 CP2 was pretty much impossible to attack- perhaps add a route around the left for BLU one CP1 is taken?

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Okay so we played the map an hour ago and it played really good I think. Stage 1 - CP 2 seemed too easy however, but I've closed the dropdown on the point already, so it shouldn't be this easy anymore.

If you have any other feedback about these 2 stages, please tell me as soon as possible, because I will be start making stage 3 and I won't be able to move around big things anymore.