Major Mapping Contest #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
Just announcing that I've got the full CTF list up on my server Durandal. Didn't mention it in the other post but I disabled the max cap limit and we're set up for 20 minutes per map. Keep in mind that the nextmap vote is official only so you'll have to nominate or RTV a CTF map to get to it.

Couple friends and I have gone through a good deal of them so far and we're very impressed. Best of luck to all of ya.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
New official announcement: prelims are well underway now, we're back on track.

They should be done in a few days time and then you'll have a few days (undecided, up to a week) to keep playing the remaining 10 or so maps before major voting starts, which will take roughly two weeks, again final length of time tbc.

Thank you for continued patience!! D:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
There are being some delays in getting the prelims underway. I'm trying to get them going between the judges as soon as I possibly can.

No TPG. they are not a public vote and they were never really going to be until ID got jumpy.

Ezekel

L11: Posh Member
Dec 16, 2008
well, i've said it before, and i'll say it again:

good luck to everybody in the contest!

Armadillo of Doom

Group Founder, Lover of Pie
aa
Oct 25, 2007
I realize you guys are eager for information. I'm going to make the prelims finished today, one way or another. Then it's a week for the final votes and we can kiss the contest goodbye, lol.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
We've had several weeks already to playtest. Anyone with a free hour in their day can get their voting down. And if my assumptions (based on the last contest) are correct, we don't have to vote for any particular number of entries, so just avoid voting for those you haven't played (enough).

Geal

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 16, 2009
The servers will probably kick up again once final voting starts, but really they've been pretty empty lately. Yeah they were hopping when the prelims first began, but have died down since. No real reason to postpone testing when everyone's already had weeks, and the server's just don't have the people for it.

Ezekel

Dec 16, 2008
is there still gonna be judge-feedback for maps that didn't make it through prelim?
i'm itching to hear what the judgey people thought

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
is there still gonna be judge-feedback for maps that didn't make it through prelim?
i'm itching to hear what the judgey people thought

yes that is coming with the judges reviews of the other maps, ie two weeks time

dang

L1: Registered
Nov 9, 2009
These maps get cleaner and meaner with every contest! (doesn't hurt that CTF is my fav gameplay in tf2). It's getting a lil vicious out there, but obviously its because of the passion put into these babies. Nicely done everyone...

Ezekel

Dec 16, 2008
yes that is coming with the judges reviews of the other maps, ie two weeks time

sincei didn't make it past the preliminaries, would it be wrong ofme to ask if the judge reviews for deceit and underhanded be of their latest incarnations?
(ctf_deceit_b4 and ctf_underhanded_rc2a)

Last edited:

Ezekel

Dec 16, 2008
um... so in response to my question? would it be possible for the judge reviews to be of the latest incarnations? this would make the feedback be of greatest benefit to me, and i'd greatly, greatly appreciate it.

... please?

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
I'm pretty sure the judges will only be reviewing the map versions that were submited. Since they have tested 26 maps it might be a bit much asking them to review your map a second time in its updated version, if it has been updated since the deadline.

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
Looks like the voting is closing very soon, and the amount of people who has completed their voting is abysmal. How are votes going to be counted?
Because in the last contest (plr ctf) it was clear how many of the maps you had to cast vote on to be an eligible voter. This time around I cant see anything like that and it has me a bit worried.

1. Only count people who has filled in scores for all maps?
2. Only count votes where all 4 categories for at least 6-7 (a limit) maps as been filled in?
3. Only count votes where all 4 categories for any map as been filled in?
4. Count all numbers filled in, ignoring all common sense?

Personally I think #1 or #2 would work fine. However I don't expect voters who couldn't put a decent effort in to have any say in the final result, which I bring up this.

Status
Not open for further replies.