Major Mapping Contest #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

fubarFX

The "raw" in "nodraw"
aa
Jun 1, 2009
Kinda offtopic but fogbow and cesspool both look really well done and with some great gameplay areas going on... can't believe I never got the chance to try them @_@

Edit: Wait, it is on topic, if the preliminaries eliminate dark horses like this then it's clearly faulty.

cesspool didn't get a single vote (nor did fogbow). I though "oh well I guess my map IS shit after all" but we gave cesspool an impromptu yesterday and clearly many players were blown away by the map.

and tks TPG ^^

TerabyteST

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 18, 2009
cesspool didn't get a single vote (nor did fogbow). I though "oh well I guess my map IS shit after all" but we gave cesspool an impromptu yesterday and clearly many players were blown away by the map.

and tks TPG ^^

Yes, that's what i said to Immortal-D too and it's supposedly why he locked the thread for now. The problem with our two maps (I can't believe they are so bad they can't even get one vote) is that they are mostly unknown. I told Immortal it's totally unfair, and gave him some ideas about how to make the voting process less favoritive to those who publicised their maps more.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I'll let you into a secret: I wasn't expecting him to set up the preliminary votes yet. I would have waited much longer. Now I've talked to him, that's exactly what we're doing.

Keep playing the maps guys :)

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
This 7v7 garbage is absolutely ludicrous.

This is a 6v6 comp contest, not a 7v7 pubbies pretending to be competitive contest.

owly-oop

im birb
aa
Apr 14, 2009
I think you should clear all the votes in the locked thread and wait because i found myself wanting to change votes after playing some maps (but i can't now since it's locked oh noes D:! )

Opening the votes so early was a mistake and so was me voting so early :p

Nov 14, 2009
Is someone gona do one of those fancy promos again?

Thats what attracted me to TF2maps.net, that promo!

In fact, if no one else does, I might take a try. However, with the currently large amount of maps in the contest, then I might need peoples help.

IF SOMEONE ELSE IS GOING TO DO A PROMO VIDEO PLEASE TELL ME AND I WILL NOT!

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
There is a fancy promo, you will not see it just yet though. Prelims will be revised and started at a later date.
None of the votes that were cast will mean anything, rest assured.

Jan 20, 2010
There is a fancy promo, you will not see it just yet though. Prelims will be revised and started at a later date.
None of the votes that were cast will mean anything, rest assured.

That is good news. :)

Rikka

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 10, 2009
Are you talking about that video with all the contest maps set to music? Because that wasn't planned or anything, someone just went out of their way to do it. Don't worry if someone else does as well, it could suck.

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
I was actually hoping we could be done with prelims before a blog post/public announcement. But from the looks of that page, it's all 26 up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.