Mainline

CP Mainline rc5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
We were stuck attacking the last point for far too long. The 'defenders' could take 2nd a few times (thus keeping the timer from running out) but it was about impossible to even get near the final point.

A single sentry could watch all exits without much issue, and I found that really slowing the entire map down to a grind...

All in all, I don't think this is actually a rc map yet. Feels like it needs beta balancing tests still.

As a side note, the displacement mud stairs as middle looked really odd and I think you should make it either proper stairs or a ramp.. that middle ground you tried doesn't work in my eyes.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Hazard stripes should really only be used to demarcate capture zones. Some other uses of it can be validated in certain maps, but it is godawful confusing here, since there is a lot of right around the capture point itself. Get rid of everything that isn't actually marking the zone.

owly-oop

im birb
aa
Apr 14, 2009
I like the layout on the middle point, fun to play on. Basically everything else it isn't fun, because it's flat.

The connections between the last and 2nd cp are too separated into 2 parts. They have to take a BIG AND LONG U to get to the other side. What makes it worse is that all the entrances can be seen by 1 sentry

The connections also seem awkward going inside the building and taking 3 turns while in a skinny hallway.

The detail looks sloppy and unfinished in alot of areas. This doesn't play nor look like a RC map

Timberjaw

L2: Junior Member
Nov 6, 2009
Played this for the first time today. Very nice map; I like the style and the layout. The only recommendation I have is to do something about the last point. It seems to be almost impossible to cap. Either move the attackers' spawn up more, decrease their spawn time, or give the attackers better paths/cover into that last area. It's very frustrating to have a steady push across the map, only to get deadlocked for 10+ minutes on the last point.

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
I made this door that gets you from one side to another at the last point to make it a little easier for the attacking team to win.
28br04l.jpg

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
Yeah, and I'd suggest testing those changes a bit if they're ever made. A Release Candidate shouldn't have complete layout rehauls... but I guess some unspoken rules are meant to be broken.

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
So I have removed the grates at the 2nd point since I really didn't like them in the first place and moved the point straight down making it easy for the attackers capping it. I found that it was very hard to cap the 2nd point behind flat so hopefully this will make it easier.

flybth.jpg

2nsp9ip.jpg

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Wasn't the problem that point 1 was too hard to cap?

owly-oop

im birb
aa
Apr 14, 2009
Ohh. A crater. That barely does anything. Actually change the layout dramatically because your idea of height advantage is pretty pathetic.

ps the connections between point 2 and 3 are still flat even with that crater

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Why are you making it easier to capture the second point?

ANova

L7: Fancy Member
Jul 16, 2009
Make the last point easier to cap because its like Fastlane

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
I think those two big concrete blocks on each side at the last point are making it impossible to cap the point so I think i will just remove them.

owly-oop

im birb
aa
Apr 14, 2009
I think those two big concrete blocks on each side at the last point are making it impossible to cap the point so I think i will just remove them.

Horrible idea since it wasn't only the sentry guns causing the stalemate, it was mainly the players

Also removing those blocks will make it even more flat and open. :|

I'm sorry but the best and possibly only solution is to majorly revise it, adding/removing small things won't help enough

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
Horrible idea since it wasn't only the sentry guns causing the stalemate, it was mainly the players

Also removing those blocks will make it even more flat and open. :|

I'm sorry but the best and possibly only solution is to majorly revise it, adding/removing small things won't help enough

Yup pretty much, last point is to open with not much cover except right outside the spawn doors.

Rikka

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 10, 2009
One of the biggest problems is that all of the exits for the offense leaves them easy pray for spam on the defensive side. Meanwhile the defense doesn't have any worries because the offense has no position that's even remotely safe that they can attack from. It's not like Granary or Well, where the points are located in nice open spaces where the offense can enter without being spammed to death by the defense at the point.

It's not something like height variation or an abundance or lack of cover that's the problem, it's that tight space the teams have to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.