Mainline

CP Mainline rc5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
I don't know what's wrong with the water that doesn't show in some parts. I'll try to look more into it when I get a chance.

Yah, not a huge deal but should definitely be fixed in the future, i would fix the clipping on the water entrance/exit, and midpoint stairs first though.

pekken

L1: Registered
May 5, 2008
Defense being able to stand on this roof will be OP. There's a reason why u cant do it in gravelpit point C.
526410.jpeg

You can stand on top of this door:
526411.jpeg

Are all these walls around stairs necessary?
526413.jpeg

They create alot of small cramped corridors and adds too much cover imo. Cant u just make the stairs more open like u did here?
526415.jpeg

You can sit on this sign and the pipe next to it.
526414.jpeg

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
Im thinking of adding another route from 2nd to the middle from above to make it more interesting, I'll post some pics soon.

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
This is the new route that I added from 2nd to middle.

2emd0di.jpg

2m79nyu.jpg

xfb8zq.jpg

Increased the ceiling in mid to make it more rocket jump/sticky jump friendly and also added this platform with a lil health kit.

8xtpc3.jpg

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
Looks interesting, where does the route come out onto mid?
Also where is that first pic cant tell.

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
RC1 is out.

Change Log from B4 to RC1

-Fixed most of the clipping issues.
-Added more ammo.
-Removed the custom rain and added sawmill's rain.
-Increased the ceiling in middle.
-Added a platfrom in the middle and a small health kit on top of it.
-Added another route from 2nd point to middle point from above.
-Fixed some places where you could build on props.
-Fixed some places where you could get stuck on the trees.
-Closed some of the doors at the last point.
-Improved fps at 2nd/1st point.

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
RC1 is out. (that was fast, maybe to fast?)

-Fixed most of the clipping issues. (Hopefully especially mid)
-Added a platform in the middle and a small health kit on top of it. (sounds cool)
-Added another route from 2nd point to middle point from above. (this should help attackers alot)
-Fixed some places where you could get stuck on the trees. (thank god)

Last edited:

FreeLance_FoX

L6: Sharp Member
Sep 6, 2008
Slow down and get testing. RC versions usually warrant some degree of finality, don't make the mistake of calling anything final until you've seen it tested. Get it on some server rotations and bug competitive players to play it. I'll see what I can do on that front, but I doubt you'll have any more luck than I do.

And I'll run through and check it out later. =/

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
I just love the fact that you guys assume that I'm just releasing this without any testing or anything. The map has been tested from cp_reelfoot_test1 to cp_reelfoot_test8 and now its in RC since there is nothing else to do except for some clipping here and there. Kankle has been helping me with the testing and I plan to test the map a lot more.

FreeLance_FoX

L6: Sharp Member
Sep 6, 2008
I regret even spending the time to be helpful when you so clearly want to ignore me, but all the "testing" you say you've gotten clearly missed a number of issues that I consider to make reelfoot look like it's not ready for RC.

I haven't played it enough to comment on the gameplay, but visually there are numerous places where your detailing is sloppy or lazy. I feel like you're relying too much on the WOW factor of the environment you've made and skipped on the precision that makes a good map.

Here is a gallery just FULL of things I think should be fixed. The comments tell you what to look at.

http://img22.imageshack.us/g/cpreelfootrc0000.jpg/

Good day.

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
I hope you realize that no good maps have jumped completely over the Alpha stage, hurdled over the Beta in 4 releases, and made it to RC in four months.*

Take a moment to absorb our feedback for once. This isn't a race. You have nobody to race with. Slow down and stop being so temperamental and hostile towards the only good feedback you have gotten.

Everytime you block someone for feedback that goes against your opinion, you miss out on an opportunity to make your map better.

Nothing has changed over these self-proclaimed Beta releases, and there is no reason to call it a Release Candidate.

If you plan on making a good map for the entire community, I recommend you listen to the community first.

*Excusing, of course, Aurora, which was made by a much more experienced mapper and had no terrible flaws.

pekken

L1: Registered
May 5, 2008
The area between cp1 and cp2 is now seperated in 2 lobbies.

Open up so they connect to each other.
It's hard to organize the team when they are seperated like that, and the medic can only be in one place at the time.

say u are grouping up and ready to gon in with uber, but u realize there are stickes on the left door, so u have to change to right side. this will take ages as u have to go back through the second point to get to the right side. by that time the demo would have sticked that door also.

Its also hard to time the push, often the demo hold one door, and sollies the other, the medic stays with sollies. if the demo get spammed and takes some damage he has no medic to help him.

Just open it up so its more like granary second point, where u can choose which door u want to go in seconds

This is from my competitive point of view, but i guess it would help pubs also

Last edited:

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
Jesus H. Christ guys, stop dragging this on forever. He got the point, as you spammed this thread for four goddamn pages, he should take feedback, good work. Stop acting like kids, to both SWATY and the rest of you.

Staff message: Seriously guys, stop it. I just deleted a bunch of posts. Leave feedback or don't post at all. -Nineaxis

Last edited by a moderator:

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
So I have fixed everything that Fox found in rc2, I'm just waiting to do a couple more things that some comp players said.

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
About the map itself;

I like it a lot, it's a good and simple 5cp, and the only thing that really struck me was the water. It can sometimes be confusing how to go after you dive in, while it really has just one use. Make it straightfoward to see immediately where you should be going after diving in.

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
Today at testing, despite the teams being heavily stacked in our favour, we stalemated at the middle point for about 20 minutes, of course you would know this, had you shown up.

Another thing, I fell off the paths leading up to the middle point because of the little block of wood at the end, put some playerclip on that or something.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
I don't understand why you put your map up for testing today. First of all, it's in RC--this means release candidate--which also means the testing is more or less over. Granted, you simply want players to play it--other than that, if you're not going actually join us for your own map's RC play though, why on earth would you waste our time? This map is nowhere near RC completion. It's beta 1 at best.

I don't mind the fact that we all played through your map for at least half an hour, or that there's an incredible amount of detailing issues and needed fixes that aren't there, or that I gritted my teeth and dealt with a lower than average frames per second rate, but what spikes it worse, you don't even show up.

No one has ever said it was required for the map author to show up to his/her map test here at tf2maps.net, but it reflects very poorly on that author to sign up for that spot and fail to show. What is the gameday test for, if not the author's own benefit?

Status
Not open for further replies.