Mainline

CP Mainline rc5

Status
Not open for further replies.

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
Say Hi to my new mid. :D Not done detailing.

6hnfpc.jpg

152l5dy.jpg

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
^^ looks much better at least from what i can see, i didnt like that inside room.

FishyFishy

L1: Registered
Nov 21, 2009
Just finished PUGing 6 V. 6 on Reelfoot with the new mid point. I am thoroughly impressed and it is probably the second most solid custom map next to Freight. The gameplay is very fast and stable, yet some paths remained under utilized, and need some minor tweaks to make this a league worthy map.

Here was some feedback from players after the PUG:

1. Change of direction out first forward spawn is disorienting.
  2. Pushing from second to first is disorienting.
  3. Too many directions to back cap from first point, to second.
  4. The fight surrounding middle point was just that, surrounding
    ; People felt that the battle should have been focused more on the point. This also applies to middle.
  5. A few too many camping spots for back cap possibilities throughout.
  6. Not enough ammo or health when pushing on first.
  7. The closer you get to first, the easier it is to defend because of the height advantages and such.
  8. First was a bit spammy and a race to first Uber.
  9. Snipers may be able to have a far reach on middle point.
  10. Second point is often a steamroll for attacking team and a spam fest. May be a result of being to close to first point.
  11. The Fastlane section of second point seemed to barely be used, and may have been a bit big. The stairless jump is very unique and in my opinion, great, however the advantage for the defending team is not worth the health negatives.
  12. Middle point's roof was also not utilized. Once on top, the opposing team could easily take on the Pocket and Medic, following with a quick capture.
  13. Difficult to spam accurately.
  14. Pipes under utilized.

My Suggestions (corresponding with the same number of that above)

1.1 Simply change the facing direction of first forward spawn.
2.1 ? Remove some busy props ?
3.1 Remove/alter the barely used far right narrow hallway.
4.1 In my opinion, I like the more tactical approach needed to capture middle point. However if you wish to put emphasis on the battle of the point like traditional middles you will need to shrink the entire middle point area. I think to open the usage of the pipes you can widen them a bit too. As for the first point, you may remove the balcony and edit around that.
5 1.Remove useless props, and tactically scatter them.
6.1 Add more ammo and health in ever so slightly out of reach areas, that put the team at risk if they abuse it.
8.1 Again, if you removed the balcony I believe the action would be more centered around the point. I like the raised point as well.
9.1 See the 8.1.
10.1 I personally don't find this to be too much of a problem, but if you wish for this map to be played in leagues where Snipers have much more fulfilled potential, you should obscure the view somehow, without changing the layout too much. I absolutely love the glass that allows you to safely see how the battle of middle is turning out as it lets the gameplay become more dynamic and flow easier. Thus, I suggest not removing or obscuring this.
11.1 ? Somehow move second point up farther, or expand out into middle, rather than stretching out wide, wasting a lot of space ?
12.1 See 11.1.
13.1 You have a few options with this; for one, you may lower the roof, and widen the pipes going across. Another possibility is to open up the hut upon the middle roof, to allow more spamming and make it a more desirable 'hot spot'. (I prefer the latter of the two options.)
14.1 ? Unknown; I am unsure of what Seagull meant by this.
15.1 See 13.1 about widening the pipes, and or editing the current clipping locations.

Anyways, don't take this as hate for your map, I love it. By far the most unique, league worthy (in the near future) 5 CP map I've played. Well done so far.

Last edited:

ANova

L7: Fancy Member
Jul 16, 2009
Looks like a koth map but what's up with you changing middle in RC, that's why you go alpha - beta- RC-etc and not beta 1 at the start

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
We have beat this topic to death stop bring it back up seriously, also the latest is cp_reelfoot_test13 now apparently.

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
So for the past 2 weeks or more I have been tweaking the living shit out of the map and I have remade every part of the map and now it looks like a whole new map. I have changed the layout and done some other things as well. I got some good news.....hmmm maybe not for some of you but the map has some good chances into going into the leagues like Cevo and Esea or other leagues. I have been testing the map from _test1 to _test21 so I don't want to hear any of that stuff like "you don't listen to feedback" etc. A lot of comp tf2 players have pugged in it and they said they loved the map and they are willing to help me with the map and get the map into the leagues. All the feedback that I have gotten from the comp tf2 players have helped me with the map turning it from a shit map to a solid map. Anyways, those who pugged in the map yesterday I have some good news, I lowered the middle tower for sollys to make it up there with 1 rocket instead of two.

Last edited:

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
I thought I'd show some of the changes even though I have made a ton of changes.

Before I had stairs here but they looked unprofessional so I removed them and added them to the other side. I have added this new route that connects the two lobbies together where before you had to go all the way around to get to the other side.
5x4w9s.jpg

1z8c45.jpg

vencao.jpg

I've started detailing a bit the mid since its coming together very well. I have lowered the mid tower for those who said it was too tall for soldiers to make it with 1 rocket (EG.Casey and Seagull).
2hwjlfs.jpg

al19vk.jpg

Last edited:

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
So rc2 should be out this Friday. I have finished detailing mid and now I'm just detailing the outside area where the fences are and stuff.

j9qyc1.jpg

23lcepk.jpg

6o372a.jpg

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
Eh, quit complaining.

That point in the bottom screen looks nice. Hell, they all look nice.

Even if it is more of a beta thing by appearance, you have a nice map, despite the... spite everyone's giving you.

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
Mind If I show my new first point? So I redesigned the first point since the old one was similar to Granary and it played horrible and many people complained about it being too hard to cap so I said what the fuck, I should redesign it and make it original. Now its bigger, wider and far better than what I had before. Im not done detailing. As you can see there is a big ass height variation that the defending team has.
As you can see again there are no trees, I removed the trees since people said they looked bad and didn't fit tf2 and also the filesize got reduced by 5MB which people can dl the map faster now and not have to wait to dl all those models.

f20h7o.jpg

2s7xfe8.jpg

znoh8o.jpg

21julxf.jpg

Last edited:

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
Looks nice, i will have to see how it plays, but the wider part should help the attacking team push in, but not sure if their is enough cover from what i can see in the picture. If to hard for the attacking team to push in an above route in done right could solve that problem, it exists.

Anyway looks nice good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.