Mainline

CP Mainline rc5

Status
Not open for further replies.

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
I got some ideas how to make both 1st point and the 2nd point better. First with the 2nd point I would have to remove the underwater route since I have never seen anybody use it and people have said that they don't like it. So I would remove the underwater route and on the left side where the fences are I would add another route like in Fastlane, Look at the pics below.

2na8hex.jpg

2hn45xu.jpg

I'm thinking of redesign this part so its far away from the other door next to it like in Freight at the 1st point.

6frw5c.jpg

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
Those are pretty good ideas, but to stop people attacking the thread, you might make it beta again :p

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
So I did what I said above and this is how it looks like in game. It has that nice fastlane look mixed with sawmill's one. I haven't finished detailing it but I thought I'd post a few pics here.

qnqqmu.jpg

vnm839.jpg

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
That does look pretty good, actually, providing some much-needed height gameplay around that point.

FishyFishy

L1: Registered
Nov 21, 2009
Yeah, this map is kind of cool, and interesting. But, to compete with other top level mappers you need something special; I recommend submerging the entire map in water.

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
I have been playing around with the lighting and I can't decide between the old lighting that I had or this one. This one is much darker than the other one.

whk1sg.jpg

nm0vop.jpg

xcjj7s.jpg

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
That's some pretty good lighting. It's aesthetically nice and functional.

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
The fog's a bit too dense and incorrectly colored. You want it to look as if the map fades off into the skybox texture.

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
I have finally found a lighting that I like. This is a bit darker than the one I posted above. This lighting also makes the skybox look sexy which before looked awful.

1179109.jpg

sgip6o.jpg

2yyqdy1.jpg

Rikka

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 10, 2009
I'd agree on removing the Christmas lights. They were never very eye-pleasing anyway, and they hurt that feeling of an abandoned, wrecked complex you have going.

lana

aa
Sep 28, 2009
Why is it orange?

Also the tree is scary.

Also those vines are floating.

Also the 3D skybox is terrible.

Also the fog doesn't fit.

Also the skybox is terrible.

Also the fog is too thick.

Also why is there concrete from nowhere?

Also the stairs look ugly.

Last edited:

Zwiffle

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 24, 2008
Well I played this the other day, forgot which version but it didn't look too different from the latest screenies, and I can't really say I liked it too much. Some areas were okay but most of the points felt weird and awkward. They just don't feel natural to me. I don't think the underwater areas are necessary, they feel forced, and the middle point just ... imo it just needs to be reworked.

I can try to run through and take some pics later when I get home if you'd like specific examples.

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
Hey Zwiffle, the map has changed a lot since rc1 and i have improved it a lot. I'll try to release it by next week after I get some more testing.

Last edited:

lana

aa
Sep 28, 2009
I repeat,

<SNIP>

You've already posted the same thing 3 posts up.

Last edited by a moderator:

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
We promote and try our best to push for useful constructive criticism in this community.

You've been noted above and didn't feel the need to "be useful".

Also you've edited a staff members edit.

Take a day off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.