Let Me Judge...

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Does that matter? We have a lot of judges, and a lot of normal votes too. Not to mention everyone can expect some/most of the staff to be judges since they have been in the past.

Sep 12, 2008
and im not really trolling i do want to judge.

I am sure you knew that you only had to PM youme. Let me make this clear: I have (had) nothing against you being judge, even though i can't decide on that. But there is totally no point in making a thread like this. In my eyes, you're just calling for attention.

But that's only what I think of this.

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
I am sure you knew that you only had to PM youme. Let me make this clear: I have (had) nothing against you being judge, even though i can't decide on that. But there is totally no point in making a thread like this. In my eyes, you're just calling for attention.

But that's what I think of this, as well

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
Chill we need some kinda votey thing here.

Maybe we should get a judge who has never mapped and would purely look at gameplay.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
comp player vs mapper is irrelavent for the voting process. The ability to determine whether a map performs well in terms of the chosen scoring criteria (generally gameplay, flow, art direction, immersion and level of completion) is what matters. This can be done by casual gamers, comp players and mappers alike; providing they have the capacity to think critically and analytically.

Flame will be judged on his intelligence, not his community involvement.

Shmitz

Old Hat
aa
Nov 12, 2007
There is value in having a panel of judges from multiple backgrounds, with multiple perspectives. As grazr says, the ability to analyze how well a map accomplishes the goals set out for it is far more important than any other ability a judge might have.

That said, I think productive public discussion of the matter has run its course, and as has been mentioned this is not the proper channel for applying to be a judge or deciding who gets to be one. If anyone has further questions on the subject feel free to PM one of the staff (preferably YM).

Status
Not open for further replies.