Let Me Judge...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
i wouldnt put ftp and privelege in the same sentence. If you want to upload a bazillion maps a day and schedule 6v6 testing for anyone who requests by all means feel free to step up to the plate.

FTP please.

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
You guys give flame too much credit for being a comp player, afaik he hasn't played with a team for quite a while.

Now then, flame is incredibly blunt in his feedback, but he knows how the game works and more often than not I find myself agreeing with the points he makes. He is active in the community and I can not see any reason to not accept him as a judge if he wants to be one.

Then again, this thread will probably become a massive debate in pro- and anti- flame (for president!!) shortly, so yeah...

Let him judge.

Flame

aa
Jul 19, 2009
I'm not a fan of beating around the bush when it comes to feedback... I'm generally not rude to people off the bat but I wont hesitate to argue with mappers when it comes to feedback and suggestions and be "rude."

The whole sucking up to people mentality doesnt really work on the internet and I'm pretty sure Ive helped a lot of mappers and given just about everyone feedback on their maps in some form or another.

That said I'm working on my resume for youme... he told me to sell myself to him. Idk if that should be taken literally but thats for youme to decide ;)

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
I would have given you a vote, had you not posted this thread (and if I had a vote in the first place.) The choice is up to the site stagg, and you should have looked for a judging application in the first place. Flame, though I do think you're certified and are a good player, I feel that you need to follow the same steps as everyone else. Also, playing the maps more should be a reason to disqualify you from judging. The final product is all that matters. Sorry dude.

Rikka

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 10, 2009
The guy does know his stuff. And though this thread is jerkish and showoffy, it fits him.

Aug 10, 2009
He hasn't pissed me off yet, in fact sometimes he (and the ensuing antics) provides just the opposite. That and the fact that he knows comp (contacts and gameplay) and kicks 90% of all ass on the tf2m servers leads me to believe that I should support him.

Jan 20, 2010
I'm generally not rude to people off the bat

Key word there being "generally." Certainly didn't follow that rule for me the first time I tested my map. Granted, it might've been some sort of horrible, but your comments about how "this is what happens when you give a guy hammer and he just does whatever he wants" wasn't exactly helpful or inspiring.

When you're not being insulting, though, you do give good feedback. I'm assuming if you judge in the actual content, you will do the latter. So, I don't see why not. But I also don't see the point of this thread.

Last edited:

Okrag

Wall Staples
aa
Jun 10, 2009
I'd say Flame is judgeworthy enough. Even if he has yet to correctly answer my question.

Jan 20, 2010
I like how he's thanking all the posts even remotely positive to his cause. :p

Edit: Seriously, flame? lol.

Last edited:

Boylee

pew pew pew
aa
Apr 29, 2008
OK I am going to wade in now...

Surely threads like this will lend unfair gravitas to the OP's feedback. Prior knowledge of who will be judging will allow people to tailor their maps to the tastes of specific judges which I think is a little unfair.

Unless Flame is just trolling, in which case consider me trolled.

Boylee

pew pew pew
aa
Apr 29, 2008
I have no tastes. everything is terrible until proven otherwise. =]

lol, fair point.

Would you not agree though, that if people know you are going to be a judge then it'll lend much more weight to your feedback, even if it's not necessarily the right suggestion?

Personally I don't think that judges should be announced until the competition is nearly over or closed for submissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.