Infiltration

CTF Infiltration b15

Bunbun

aa
May 18, 2014
More than 1 year later and I finally got a new version of this map!

Beta 13 (B) is here and it brings a lot of important changes compared to Beta 12! In fact, the changelog was so long that I had to make a separate txt file for the full changelog. So now you can view all the changes for every version since the very first playable version, along with the release date and download link for each one! (Link to the changelog can be found in the OP.)

Here are a few highlights from the changelog for this version:

- Fixed being able to get onto the roof of RED base as a sniper
- Added a tunnel between the cap building and the alternate route from BLU spawn
- Added a small extension to the builing at RED spawn's alternate exit to reduce spawncamping
- Added a vent prop to the outside of RED's base to reduce a sniper sightline
- Added a dropdown outside BLU spawn to reduce spawncamping and taking the intel the wrong way
- Decreased cap time from 20 to 18
- Increased RED standard respawnwavetime from 8 to 9
- BLU standard & fast respawnwavetime is now always 2
- Added a delay timer to the intelligence; every time it is reset it now takes 20 seconds before it can be picked up again
- Increased the time bonus received for picking up the intel from 25 seconds to 35 seconds
- Changed the road in the courtyard from a displacement to overlays
- Added an area portal that substantially improved performance in the intel room
- Compiled the map using advanced lighting settings
- Added a big detail room near the RED spawn 1337666

I hope this map can finally reach RC status at some point soon so I can be proud to call it my first complete map, and I have a feeling it's getting pretty close! Though I will definitely continue tweaking it until I'm satisfied with the test results and how it plays. :)

Finally, another spawn exit.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
45EB3CB193F44603AE1A8DBB14FDC41EE0DF5DBB

This is something I see all too often: Staircases where one of the steps has to be half height to accommodate a floor that's off-grid. It's just lazy. Seriously, align your floors. If you really can't be bothered because it would mean shifting a lot of stuff around at this point, send me the VMF and I'll do it for you.

53FDBACB3F05A5C6851A1AD78E08431EBC2DC54B

I don't know how this guy got here, but he shouldn't be.

DonutVikingChap

L5: Dapper Member
Mar 15, 2013
This is something I see all too often: Staircases where one of the steps has to be half height to accommodate a floor that's off-grid. It's just lazy. Seriously, align your floors. If you really can't be bothered because it would mean shifting a lot of stuff around at this point, send me the VMF and I'll do it for you.

Thanks for the offer, but I'd rather keep the floor the way it is now for other reasons. I'll try to do something to make that staircase look a bit better, though.

I don't know how this guy got here, but he shouldn't be.

Are you sure? ;)

Oct 6, 2008
This also make an interesting MVM map with some changes

DonutVikingChap

Mar 15, 2013
Also, I dont know if you did, but a possible way to show up how far is BLU with the intel from the RED base can be using the RD HUD.
Try that and see how it works

Thanks for the idea, but the RD HUD is two-way which doesn't really make sense for this gamemode, and I think I'd rather not over-complicate the HUD and make the gamemode look even more confusing than it already does to some people.

And aside from the arrow that already exists on the CTF HUD that points towards the intel carrier, the map already has a system where the announcer gives different security warnings to RED team (with voicelines and HUD texts) depending on how close the intel carrier gets to the capture point, and I think I prefer that system since it's a bit more subtle.

Sep 10, 2015
Hey donut, I'm making a map similar to this, I mthink you played it on one of the imps . Could I possibly borrow the prefab for this map?

DonutVikingChap

Mar 15, 2013
What exactly do you do when the download is complete? I've never been good at this kind of thing.
If you just want to play the map I'd recommend downloading it from the Steam Workshop page instead and it will automatically get installed: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=454128304
(Btw I'm glad you're interested in my map but you should probably have asked this question in a more general forum and not a 3 year old map thread...)