CP idle map

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by boeftim, Aug 27, 2012.

1. boeftim

boeftim L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
  2. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    So it's just a room with a sentry gun in it that kills you over and over again?

3. deadsource

deadsource L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    This... This! This might be the best.... Who am I kidding?
    Do we need such maps at all? I mean, this map is not even meant to be played...
    Idling for items seems stupid for me, you'll get them while playing and almost everyone hit's the weekly limit, so what's the point?

4. Jeremy

Jeremy L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    Nope indeed.

5. Kengon

Kengon L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I don't know if you're trolling or not, but I'll assume you're being serious.

You should provide some screenshots when releasing a map, helps to get people hyped up about it.

Also, in idling and trading maps (not that I endorse it), you should really push to make it look nice. You don't have to worry about clipping the map or balance issues, because there's no objective to compete for, so you have the fun task of making it look pretty. I want waterfalls and trees or big scrolling-text signs and fun detail behind huge glass windows and such.

I know you never claimed this to be a masterpiece, but (to my mind) if people are going to have the decency to spend time on your map, you should spend time making it an enjoyable experience.

Also, as a side note, getting items has nothing to do with deaths. The fact that a turret would kill me does nothing to persuade me to play it. It'll also mean the idling computer has to think a little harder for no gain - so you're wasting electricity (I'm no scientist, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works).

Edit Here's a screenshot of the only room in the map, so now you don't have to bother downloading it to see what it is.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  6. Faux Rhinoceros

aa Faux Rhinoceros Also known as Dr. Element

Positive Ratings:
    Useless

There are already countless other idle maps, and the idle community would do itself a favor to have one universal idle map.
    Not like any idle map can add anything new to this extremely advanced concept of doing nothing and then die anyway.

7. Yacan1

aa Yacan1 D I G I T A L I N F L U E N C E R

Positive Ratings:
    The Star Wars prequels were better than this.

• Thanks Thanks x 12
  8. GPuzzle

GPuzzle L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hahahahaha.

9. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    The Star Wars Holiday Special was better than this.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    FYI, this type of project is bound to recieve a number of negative remarks as it isn't something people are particularly interested in downloading. Most people are far too embarrased to release maps of even a far more serious nature than this due to embarrasment of their novice experience.

Don't take them as personal attacks but a criticism that there is far more to level design than creating a room with a sentrygun in it.

Strive to produce interesting experiences for players.

• Thanks Thanks x 6
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  11. Sergis

aa Sergis L666: ])oo]v[

Positive Ratings:
    *a dozen times and then it runs out of ammo and just clicks at you

12. colacan

colacan L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    What is an idle map even doing on this site?

13. GPuzzle

GPuzzle L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I dunno.

14. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    I think everything that needed to be said was already said by grazr, so I think we should give boeftim time to absorb that knowledge and come up with an interesting map, preferably of an established gamemode. Good luck!

15. deadsource

deadsource L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    I love how a 5 min map (or even less) gets such attention. We should stop posting here...

What the fudge am I doing right now?

Such "final" state maps are a joke... I do understand, if this would be in planning stage, but final?

16. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    Because everyone has an opinion on this kind of map.

Don't make me come back here and delete everyone's pointless comments again. It's not smart or productive and it's not funny.