How to fix texture?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by CyanideNoodles, Jan 10, 2019.

1. CyanideNoodles

CyanideNoodles L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hello I'm having this weird issue I can't seem to fix. I try to manually align the textures and it's just impossible. Its only an issue in SOME areas. and ONLY if they are vertexed geometry. (not every vertexed block has this issue with this texture.) fitting it doesn't work either. Does anyone know a fix for this?

Attached Files:

2. Erk

Server Staff Erk erk

Positive Ratings:
    Check to see if both brushes have the same alignment scheme of both world/brush checked. It might not be aligning right bc of that

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. CyanideNoodles

Positive Ratings:
    I'm not sure exactly what you mean by same alignment scheme? World and face are checked the same for them all, double checked.

4. Wyvern

aa Wyvern Certified TF2 Cartographer

Positive Ratings:
    Maybe try to center the alignment using the face edit sheet? (Use the texture shift, and type '0' in both of the boxes)

5. CyanideNoodles

Positive Ratings:
    butting 0 in texture shift x and y doesnt do anything, just makes even less seamless

6. Wyvern

aa Wyvern Certified TF2 Cartographer

Positive Ratings:
    Even if you select all the affected faces?

7. CyanideNoodles

Positive Ratings:
    yes, even if i try to do it with the correct one as well. I also tried to do this manually by sitting there moving it to get it to match as close as possible, its a lot of areas with this issue, all vertexed even tho some vertexed areas work fine. I can't just hide it with props either.

8. DrSquishy

aa DrSquishy Probably enjoys hydro too much

Positive Ratings:
    select one of your textured faces and use alt+right click on the others to manually align them. That should force them to align with each other properly

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. CyanideNoodles

Positive Ratings:
    Woah that worked! Thanks , this will come in handy so much. Can I ask what exactly this did ?

10. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1