Haarp

CTF Haarp rc

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Server bug. Server bug. Server bug!

The same thing has happened on my map and Panamint.

PMAvers

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 29, 2008
We've played a11 multiple times and that's never happened. o_O

Odd. it might've just been because i was testing it on a local server. Trying it again now.

EDIT: Okay, weird, it's working now. D:

Last edited:

HeaH

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 2, 2008
Add more epicness to the last point! Right now the point is boring to defend and boring to attack, and it sucks because the rest of the map rocks!

Right now it feels like United States of Eurasia with Starlight instead of Collateral Damage :(

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
The map is great except the last part ( 3 - 2 ). It's really impossible for blu to cap that point, even when they are better than red. Red has 2 a lot of good sentry spots, and you even can't take out all those sentryguns with some ubers.

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
BTW, there are a few white pipes scattered around which need to be checked for lighting--they were bluish and clearly distinct from their neighboring pipes.

Probably an issue with being more-than-half embedded in the wall and needing their origin set to an info_target.

captainAngry

L420: High Member
Feb 1, 2009
Tested a11 last night. I don't like this version as much as I have liked previous versions. The second point in the first area is pretty difficult to cap, although not impossible. The way that you have the points setup with the whole room counting as the cap point makes it so that you have to clear out all of the red team before you are able to cap, which can be difficult with the addition of a few SGs in that area.

The map didn't get rated very well because of the last point. Much like the other points, it is very easy to protect since the point itself gives unlimited ammo to heavys. Once that was realized, 3 or 4 people went heavy and just spammed their guns until the round was over. With the addition of a medic to boost health, it was extremely difficult to kill the half of the red team that was standing on the point and get the flag in there before they were able to respawn.

Dr. Spud

Grossly Incandescent
aa
Mar 23, 2009
So now that Valve's snow theme is on the horizon, I'm thinking of using parts of it in HAARP.

This isn't a random decision. Those who know what the real HAARP is (link) would notice that it's in Alaska. Of course, I wouldn't be changing everything around so it's suddenly in a snowy village, but the outdoor areas could be much more interesting with an Alaskan twist.

jpr

aa
Feb 1, 2009
Oh, now you want to take a shit on every map that uses the new snow theme? Don't get butthurt about it - besides I've been known for making snow maps almost exclusively for a while now.

What did you expect me to think? A few people here have been working for months on snow themed maps because they wanted to do something original, then a snowy valve map is released and BAM, snow maps everywhere

Dr. Spud

Grossly Incandescent
aa
Mar 23, 2009
What did you expect me to think? A few people here have been working for months on snow themed maps because they wanted to do something original, then a snowy valve map is released and BAM, snow maps everywhere

Snow maps aren't original. It's one of the most obvious tropes of video games. Right next to jungle levels, lava levels, and water levels.

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
Keep it calm guys. HAARP can integrate snow. Jonah, just because people start making maps that use snow doesn't mean you have to get defensive of Snowdrift.

Good maps set themselves apart regardless of theme.

psihomir

L4: Comfortable Member
Mar 17, 2008
Oh please. I've been working on a snowy-themed map since about June last year, but I was too lazy to finish it in time. Did I get angry or jealous when I saw Acegikmo working on his own snowy theme? No, I kept quiet and followed his progress.

And you know what? I was impressed, because he did a better job than me and I felt that his popularity was deserved - and there's nothing wrong with that.

And now that Valve are releasing their own theme I can only be happy again for two big reasons - 1) I can use professionally-designed assets now; 2) my map's file will be much smaller

Arguing with people who decide to use the new theme just because you've been doing the same recently seems rather childish to me, sorry. :/

Sorry for the off-topic Spud, I won't spam your thread anymore.

Last edited:

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009

It sounds like the line you're looking for is: "I was doing snow before it was cold--er, cool.... Poseurs!"

Dr. Spud

Grossly Incandescent
aa
Mar 23, 2009
I asked Nine to make a few posters for HAARP. Here's a preview (and a not-so-subtle hint of what you may see in the future):

haarpsign1.jpg