Glassworks

CP Glassworks RC7a

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
New version released. All new screenshots in OP.

Map Changelog
Beta 7-
Lowered second capture zone to disallow capture while standing on surrounding walls
Added missing health/ ammo to Blu side
Fixed reflections issues (added more cubemap ents)
Fixed visible nodraws
Started optimizing lightmaps
Adjusted lighting

Beta 6-
Fixed missing clipping/ prop symmetry
Detailed final building interior! Finally!
Detailed final building! This was so much work it deserves two spots in the changelog
Added custom props created by Aly for the map
Adjusted detailing all around map
Added new railing in upper lobby
Moved health/ ammo at final
Added small health/ ammo on mid (ramp buildings next to center)
Minor timing tweaks
Massive lighting pass
Adjustged color correction
Added in spectator cameras
Easter eggs!
Optimized fucks given counter-- wait wrong map

Jummbl

L1: Registered
Aug 30, 2014
Everything he knows about lighting he learned from me!

Well, congratulations to both of you. I know you said before lighting was your weak point, Crash, so it's cool to see that you're getting better! :)

Harribo

aa
Nov 1, 2009
After watching that video I was wondering might it be a good idea to compile a version of the map for comp players with the calls for different areas overlayed in those places kinda like those Level Overviews people made for CSGO like:
7C3D5A561010CE70989F59A57D3E14A16C8731BD

Like maybe not so huge over the floor, maybe idk. Just heard plenty of miscommunication because people seem to take to long to figure out what to call a location out as.

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
My understanding is that a lot of the calls end up being created by the teams over time. It's not something I'd want to force on them. A few areas have already gotten named from what I've gathered. Garden, garage, sewers/ basement, lower lobby, upper lobby, mine.

It's been fun getting to hear what they take out of it, and it's helped push me to define each areas detailing in order to help them come up with a call for it. Maybe if it gets a bit more widely adopted I could end up doing something like that with what they use, though.

Harribo

aa
Nov 1, 2009
I wasn't saying to make your own up over already named areas but I heard people pause over what to call the mid-2nd mine/tunnel flank, what name do you use for that and not use for the lower tunnel from outside 2nd to last for instance. Anyway, it's just a thought after watching most of the PUGs you've put up

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
Oh yeah, I didn't mean renaming already defined things either, it's just that I don't want to try to get them to call it one thing when it'd be more efficient/ make more sense to them with another name. A lot of maps share names. "Sneaky" is a call I hear a lot of maps have for a particularly sneaky route.

I'd rather let the comp nerds do their thing and see where it ends up.

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
B8 is out, links in OP.
All new screenshots (except for overview, which didn't change much) in OP as well.

Beta 8
3d Skybox! Woo!
Added some minor sneaky trick jumps/ paths
Fixed some symmetry issues
Cleaned up some cubemap problems
Optimized visleafs/ fixed accidental world brushes
Fixed missing clipping/ added to clipping
Cleaned up a ton bunch of details
Toned down color correction
Tried a bit to give the map a more overall cohesive feel detailing-wise.
Implemented a bunch of minor changes based on feedback from Bloodhound. Thanks, bro.
Bunch of minor adjustments, I dunno.

This is most likely the last version before RC1, so if you have any feedback, get it to me soon!

Last edited:

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
That detail area in BLU's yard just doesn't meet up with the ground and it irks me for some reason.

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
Not sure where you're talking about.

Not sure if you can see it too well from here but here's a pretty bad screenshot of it:

UhKEuS9.jpg

It's minor, but the ground there doesn't seem like it goes up to where the concrete is.