CP Gerbil (Art Pass)

E.B.

L1: Registered
Mar 15, 2009
I definitely like the new, dawn-like one better; that plus the grassy ground is a big improvement in the overall color scheme.

edit: I bet if you wanted to keep it in a dawn kind of theme, you could mess with the fog for a slightly misty/dewy look. Or maybe find/create a frost overlay for some open areas or roofs?

Last edited:

Gerbil

aa
Feb 6, 2009
Making the RED base interior well-theme. I hope it'll work.

bluhbluh.jpg

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
i don't like the inner shots, especially and foremost it comes from the beam/metal frames in the brickwork - just doesn't fit imo. the red wood fits nicely with the bricks but the metal parts just don't suit the scenes imo.
i like the outside parts more but the lighting makes it really hard to distinguish certain areas. it kinda has a "meh-attitude". but really nice progress overall - shall be fun to follow through :)

Gerbil

aa
Feb 6, 2009
i don't like the inner shots, especially and foremost it comes from the beam/metal frames in the brickwork - just doesn't fit imo. the red wood fits nicely with the bricks but the metal parts just don't suit the scenes imo.
i like the outside parts more but the lighting makes it really hard to distinguish certain areas. it kinda has a "meh-attitude". but really nice progress overall - shall be fun to follow through :)

Left the metal frames there by accident. I'm going to take them out, no worries.

Not sure about the lighting making areas hard to distinguish. Mostly because most of the outdoor screenshots I just posted are from one area :p

Thanks for the feedback!

Bad Vlad

L2: Junior Member
May 23, 2010
If you can use the swamp theme stuff, I'll probably stick with the haze skybox. If not, then I'll change it. It fits nicely IMO.
That's the fever skybox in those screenshots. Haze does look great with the harvest theme. If you use Haze I hope you win, so that future custom autumn maps have ready access to an actually decent 2D skybox.

Gerbil

aa
Feb 6, 2009
Oh shi-

onarolltoday.jpg

screwtherulesihavemoney.jpg

Not too sure about the B building. I might make another version with a less altered building.

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
you general habbit of placing 2 or 3 pipes on buildings to fill up empty space is something you might wanna reconsider. works once, but twice it gets the users eye.

the giant satellite dish on this pic looks reaaaally out of place on the wooden roof, imo:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1835520/maps/artpass/secondtry/artpass_sg0000.jpg

it would break the roof, collapse or just fall down in general if you put some gravity in that scene ;)

but i can see your motivated from the roundabout mentioning :D
gogoogogoogogog !

Gerbil

aa
Feb 6, 2009
God I hate BLU spawn so much.

BLUspawn1.jpg

Yes I know the left side looks horrible. I'm working on it! D:

Last edited:

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Try mixing up some of the textures there (i know it's not all the same blue texture but it's still all blue). The building on the right looks like a seperate building added later and so could utilise some white textures to break up the monotonous blue we see everywhere, including the roof.

metal/wall015g works pretty well, as does brick/brickwall002b. Try mixing up the roof with metal/wall025. Don't smack them on inconsistantly, it's important to have consistancy, but it's also important for your buildings to have contrast.