Fit For a King

Mar 23, 2010
cow mangler has no downside.it's charge thing is kind of interesting. the extra rocket is unnecessary. 4 rockets. -50% damage. crits on that "supershot" so you get 150% damage in that huge splash area from the fact it's a crit.

idk, terribly-designed weapon really.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
i dont understand why the cow mangler is viewed as op

havent seen it used well at all

maybe im missing something

English Mobster

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 10, 2011

I'm with you on this one. I've gotten maybe 5 kills from a charge shot over the course of 6 games. The buildings aren't even sapped for long enough to make a huge impact; the only way you can make use of it is by using teamwork (imagine that, in TEAM Fortress 2!) to get your allies to attack a sentry while it's been disabled. I've had better luck with other rockets.

Particle effects are pretty, though. Expensive, but pretty.

Mar 23, 2010

you get an extra rocket for no downside, and the charge thing which is pretty cool. wouldn't mind the charge being the weapon's main role, but nope it's just play soldier mainly with an extra rocket and use the charge to troll.

Mr.Blob

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jun 12, 2009
The new launcher is super overpowered, 5 shots + charge + no ammo + same damage ect.
Just because you can't crit or destroy buildings isn't that much of a downside.

Da_Man

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 23, 2009
So this is essentially a promo for a non-game. What does it mean in the future of promos?

Feb 14, 2008
The Hobbit promo set plz.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
hey boojum

look, you're gonna love this
I hopped right in TF2 to figure out if I had the stuff to craft these (I did), just because they are the first really different weapons in a loooong time, so I wanted to check them out first hand. I'll probably use them next time I play just for the hell of it, but I really don't care anymore.

The thing I DO care about, is the fact they gave mutton chops to the solider rather than the engineer. Weapons be damned, ever since I saw Radigan I wanted chops for the engy!

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
Hm, I have to admit I'm not clear on why this set didn't go to the engineer. Seems like the models would fit him extremely well. Would need to be different stats obviously (engy firing charged shots from behind his sentry == lol).

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
Hm, I have to admit I'm not clear on why this set didn't go to the engineer. Seems like the models would fit him extremely well. Would need to be different stats obviously (engy firing charged shots from behind his sentry == lol).

The pistol (ignoring the model) would have been a great secondary for the Engineer. Then, give it the charged shot on alt-fire that saps buildings and done.

Doctor Paprika

L4: Comfortable Member
Apr 24, 2011
Even though I do not like these new weapons, it does remind me of what I think would be my dream game, something I thought up a long while ago: Team Fortress 3 (shut up it's gonna happen) should be set ca. the 1910s, with a previous team of Blu/Red mercenaries, with a steampunk aesthetic. All Valve has to do now is team up with Weta to make this happen.

Seriously, why settle for some bullshit Soldier unlocks when we can have a full blown Dr. Grordbort's shooter?

owly-oop

im birb
aa
Apr 14, 2009
zDwXn.gif

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Giving random weapons and hats to the solider for no reason is no longer amusing or even annoying, it's come to the point where I just look at it, make a big :| face and move on. In another direction.