Fit For a King

Mar 23, 2010
valve seems to be obviously trolling. giving LASER guns called the Cow mangler and the righteous bison and mutton chops to the soldier when the clearly fit engy better (hopefully not a rocket launcher) and in the uber update: "dont worry pyro fans we only left out the engineer."

tl;dr:
cowboys-versus-aliens.png
opens this friday

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
Yeh so i've been using the new rocket launcher and I have to say it's okay.

It has many downsides such as
-If you run out of ammo your screwed
-If you find a sentry your screwed
-Heavys can still kill you easy
-any height variation makes it difficult

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
Yeh so i've been using the new rocket launcher and I have to say it's okay.

It has many downsides such as
-If you run out of ammo your screwed
-If you find a sentry your screwed
-Heavys can still kill you easy
-any height variation makes it difficult

you can't run out of ammo and long reload is downside of all rocketlaunchers
you can sap sentries
heavies can kill everything easy
what

gamemaster1996

Sep 30, 2009
you can't run out of ammo and long reload is downside of all rocketlaunchers
you can sap sentries
heavies can kill everything easy
what

You kinda do have ammo, you get several shots as usual it's just that there's no ammopacks neccesary nor a maximum amount.

The saps pretty useless it only lasts a couple of seconds.

Yep :) So it cant be too overpowered

Put it this way, it's alot more difficult to shoot upwards skimming the edge of a platform to hit someone with this comapred to with the rocket launcher.

Edit: Also guys remember there are three Grockets. We only found out about the content of one of them. Maybe the other too have engineer items (Here's hoping).

Doctor Paprika

L4: Comfortable Member
Apr 24, 2011
Put it this way, it's alot more difficult to shoot upwards skimming the edge of a platform to hit someone with this comapred to with the rocket launcher.

But how can it be? It's exactly the same as the stock Rocket Launcher except for those stat tweaks. The projectives fire, reload, and move at the exact same speed, and it has the same damage and splash radius.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
The Cowmangler really could use some upsides and downsides that better fit the fact that it's a laser gun. Like not being able to airblast the shots but less splash damage and maybe no rocket jumping. This should be the kind of unlockable that's so different in function from the original that they don't even bother to tell you the differences, just that it's a laser gun. Like with the Huntsman and the Flare Gun.

Mar 23, 2010
i figured out a pretty hefty downside when playing against some good scouts: it's first reload is 1.3 seconds. compared to .92 seconds of the rocket launcher, it's actually kinda noticeable. especially since that is the reload you use a lot. but idk. the 5th rocket seems like it was put there to balance the supercharge (more reloading) so make it 1.3 seconds for each reload i'd say. (right now it's shorter than the RL's reload time after the first reload). then they can add the stat: +65% reload time, +25% clip size to it and get rid of that stupid no random crits thing.

T-LOID

L1: Registered
Jul 22, 2011
I generally try to be open-minded when valve adds new things to the game, not wanting to be with the whiny part of the TF2 fanbase. Yet I can't help but be fearful of the Dr. Grordbort set for the soldier, and perhaps any related future sets. Not in as much how it alters gameplay, considering that valve will or might at some point balance the weapons out if so needed. I am afraid of the visual style of the set.

the laser blasts and retro-futuristic style of the weapons feels very alien to me. Same with some of the promotional weapons, but this is very disconcerting. Seeing the pulse rockets and blasts flying around bugs me. It may not be a rational concern but I am certain I am not alone in this thought. I doubt it will ruin the game, however, but remain weary whether there's something larger afoot.

Prop

L3: Member
Jun 17, 2010
Cow Mangler is like a portable death star when you charge it! You can get alot of lucky kills on 2fort whe you randomly charge shoot the the sniper area

gamemaster1996

Sep 30, 2009
They'd give the revolver to the spy, the shotgun to the soldier and the hammer to the demoman.

Saying that i think it'd be hilarious to see a texan spy.

Bravetriforcer

L1: Registered
Jul 24, 2011
Saying that i think it'd be hilarious to see a texan spy.

"Why don't we just give up, pardner?"

As for the weapons. Mangler itself is fine. The charge shot is over-powered (By my definition). The Bison should belong to the Engineer, to be honest with you.

Prop

L3: Member
Jun 17, 2010
"Why don't we just give up, pardner?"

As for the weapons. Mangler itself is fine. The charge shot is over-powered (By my definition). The Bison should belong to the Engineer, to be honest with you.

To the engineer eh? What would be a mighty fine idea!