Don't Panic!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by tedrock, May 25, 2008.

1. tedrock

tedrock L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Today is Towel Day... So grab your towels and remember... Don't panic!

2. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    has this anything to do with the hitchhikers guide?

3. Spike

Spike L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

4. Shmitz

aa Shmitz Old Hat

Positive Ratings:
    Do you even have to ask? =P

5. Sean of the Dead

Sean of the Dead L3: Member

Positive Ratings:

Hey, it's the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything ;)

6. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    oh why! seriously why?!
    Every freakin time the hitchhikers guide [or 'meaning of life'] is even mentioned some idiot has to blurt out 42.

Its getting really really annoying, its almost as bad as colledge where you can't say gallileo without some moron bursting into song...

:major pissed off emote:

7. Dox

Dox L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  8. Sean of the Dead

Sean of the Dead L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    glad to be of service :D
    w00t

Last edited: May 25, 2008
  9. TheBladeRoden

TheBladeRoden L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:

When do college people ever reference Galileo outside of the song?

10. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    I do two sciences and general studies... take a guess.

I think we've looked at his anatomy studies in art as well, making that 4 out of the 5 subjects I take.

11. ryodoan

ryodoan Resident Bum

Positive Ratings:
    If you have not read the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, please turn in your geek card and find the nearest exit.

Thank you and have an nice day.

P.S. 42.

12. TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Does the movie count as the cliff notes version?

Also:

It is important to note that suddenly and against all probability a sperm whale had been called into existence several miles above the surface of an alien planet. And since this is not a naturally tenable position for a whale, this innocent creature had very little time to come to terms with its identity. This is what it thought as it fell:

AHHHHHHH!!!!! Whooaaaaaaaaaa! What’s happening?!?! Who am I?!? Why am I here?! What’s my purpose in life?!? What do I mean by “who am I?”???

Okay, okay, calm down, calm down. Get a grip now. Ooo, this is an interesting sensation. What is it? It’s a sort of a tingling in my…well I suppose I better start finding names for things. Lets call it a, um… tail. Yeah, tail! And hey what’s this roaring sound whooshing past what I’m suddenly going to call my head? Wind. Is that a good name? It’ll do. Yay this is really exciting. I’m dizzy with anticipation. Or is it the wind? There’s an awful lot of that now, isn’t there? And what’s this thing coming towards me so very fast. So big and flat and round…it needs a big wide sounding name like ow..ound…round…ground. That’s it! Ground! I wonder if it’ll be friends with me. Hello ground!

*THUD*

13. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    And all the bowl of pertunias thought was 'oh not again'

:D

14. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    No one gets my geek card!

I also get annoyed with a select few of my friends always referencing that film/book. Most of it's not even that funny. Really.

15. ryodoan

ryodoan Resident Bum

Positive Ratings:
    This is quite possibly one of my favorite parts out of the book

Later in the book the main character, Arthur Dent, runs into a creature who is obsessed with him, apparently in every section of the book Arthur kills something, and that something was various re-incarnations of this creature. The creature is obsessed with killing Arthur, however at the last minute Arthur somehow accidently brings about the final death of the beast. Shortly afterward Arthur finds a long lost bag and learns to fly.

I am serious, this book is THE FUNNIEST book I have ever read. It is better than any comedy movie, it is hilarious. The movie is like drinking warm diluted soda (You know after the ice cubes have all melted). The book is pure, concentrated, rediculous, amazing, humour.

Just remember, all humans are decendents of hair stylists, marketing researchers, and telephone sanitizers who were exiled from their homeword (which was shortly thereafter anillated by a disease spread by telephone receivers) and crash landed in earth. Upon which they ensured the extinction of the cave men which then led to Arthur discovering the ultimate question to be, "What do you get when you multiply six by nine"

So, in closing I just would like to again say, 42.

16. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    I only managed to read hitchhikers guide and half of the restaurant at the end of the universe, and that was a fair few years ago, I don't have the patience for books now

17. ryodoan

ryodoan Resident Bum

Positive Ratings:
    Well, then I guess you will only get a corner cut off your geek card...

18. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    This is the point where I get lolz to tell you my most valued skill and wait for my second geek card to be awarded.....

/shouts: lolz get your arse over here and tell paul what I can do!

19. AWESOME-O

AWESOME-O L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    QFT Youme, soz for late response, probs with my pc, still :(

Geek, everyone knows already you can beat the Rubik cube

Oh btw, i didn´t read the book, but i did went to the movie, so just a corner for me 2 plx?:D