Databank

KotH Databank rc3

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

Gravidea

L5: Dapper Member
Apr 17, 2017
I'm not sure if this is just an issue on my end, but while testing the map with bots it seems the capture point would not unlock, even after a few minutes of waiting for it to! I'm hoping this is just an issue on my end, but I do not see how it could be. Figured I'd bring it to your attention!

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
I'm not sure if this is just an issue on my end, but while testing the map with bots it seems the capture point would not unlock, even after a few minutes of waiting for it to! I'm hoping this is just an issue on my end, but I do not see how it could be. Figured I'd bring it to your attention!
WHOOPS! Good catch, thank you. I accidentally omitted the capture zone trigger when I compiled >.<

Fix going up shortly.

Gravidea

L5: Dapper Member
Apr 17, 2017
WHOOPS! Good catch, thank you. I accidentally omitted the capture zone trigger when I compiled >.<

Fix going up shortly.
No problem! I found it funny how the bots were wandering around and fighting each other though. It was as if the map was for deathmatch all over again haha. Glad I could help!

MegapiemanPHD

Doctorate in Deliciousness
aa
Mar 31, 2012
Feedback Time:
20200530200704_1.jpg
-I get what you're going for here with this lighting but I don't think it really works that well. Everything in this hallway just looks red and hard to distinguish.
20200530200631_1.jpg
-backwards door texture
20200530200639_1.jpg
-Really like the upper detailing but I'm not a fan of how much that darker texture used. It looks too gritty and/or grimy. The shadows are also really nice and you could probably lower the lightmap scale to make them all nice n pretty
20200530200655_1.jpg
-another backwards door texture
20200530200722_1.jpg
-something's funky with the grate texture used in front of the fan prop. It looks fully opaque from some angles and at a distance.
20200530201004_1.jpg
-this lower route is already kinda cramped with the low ceiling and the white pipe just makes that worse.
20200530200652_1.jpg
-There's an HD version of these textures in the downloads section you could use to make these map screens look all nice n pretty
20200530201333_1.jpg20200530201202_1.jpg
-Seems that there aren't any respawn room visualizers, or they just don't have a visible texture.20200530200646_1.jpg
-What is this square? Is it a hatch? It can't be since it's partially on a bridge-like structure and there's nothing beneath it.

That's about it really. The maps kinda small so there's not a lot to talk about. The layout seems solid enough though I think the computers at mid could be a tad bit taller to offer more cover. Anyway, I feel that with the smaller size of the map, some asymmetrical detailing could really help it. Right now you quickly see the same symmetrical detailing due to the small size and it just doesn't really feel like a place.

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
Thanks for the feedback. Most of this seems inconsequential to me but I'm definitely gonna take note of a bunch of this as I polish the map further.

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
wow i can't believe it i'm so confident in databank that i've made it a release candidate woooo

no new pics because changes are small and i cbf

changelog:
VERSION IS NOW RC1
  • general improvements & optimizations
  • adjusted lighting across the map
  • redistributed health
  • >new small healthkit in spytech room overlooking mid
  • >health in fan room is now a medium
  • >health in underpass/sewer is now a small
  • >the healthkits in the area overlooking mid has been removed
  • health & ammo in underpass/sewer is now in a location more immediately visible to players pushing through that route

Read the rest of this update entry...

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
RE: RC2--

Turns out I actually missed exactly one texture. It's not Frontline, but I did forget to make a replacement myself. It's not worth a whole new map version just to replace one texture so I'm not going to update the map to replace it quite yet (though I have done on my end). Just figured I would make this post to be transparent about it since I was quite confident that I wasn't using any third-party assets anymore.

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
this update should have been out in October. my apologies.

gameplay:
- removed the medium ammo packs on mid
- small ammo packs in the side rooms at mid are now medium
- adjusted width of the opening overlooking mid
- clipping improvements
- might be something misc but i'm unsure.

art:
- updated databank support beam thingy model
- moved hatch near spawn slightly
- displacement road adjustments
- now compiling with -smooth 40 for sharper edges
- a few other minor changes across the map

Read the rest of this update entry...