CP Crossroads B5

Hellfire

L9: Fashionable Member
Jul 9, 2008
oh, great :D gonna download right now

H-land

L2: Junior Member
Jul 15, 2009
When I played this earlier, I noticed an upsetting lack of metal as an offensive engineer, and found defensive engineering nigh impossible, due to the lack of defensible spots on all but the last point, on which I had one comfy spot, because most of the others were vulnerable to the Rape Room where Monster Dispensers once did dwell.
Beyond that, I had several issues with the map, but none for which I could make suggestions that might lead to the map's betterment.

Walker

Oct 22, 2009
The map felt overall tiny. The battlegrounds themselves were a decent size, but they were just a short walk away from each other. Some of your signs seem to be directing the attackers, which is a bit of a no-no for 5cp maps.

This is just a minor complaint from me, but I really, really hated the fact that it was mirrored, because it threw me off so much when I got autobalanced. It also gave one team an advantage at certain points, because their demomen and soldiers could shoot around corners a lot easier.

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
well..here are some thoughts
>make that rapewindow a bbalcony, so if you want to spam deffenders you will have to go outside the building.
>remake signs in spawn. Right atm sign is pointing to the actual exit on the right (bluspawn perspective) and to the closed door on the left

Walker

Oct 22, 2009
cp_crossroads_b10001.jpg

cp_crossroads_b10002.jpg

Repeating for emphasis: map is really tiny. The current distance between mid and second should be the bigger, and the distance between second and last should be about the same as the current mid-second distance.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
The chickenwire wasn't solid.

That's bad.

littleedge

L1111: Clipping Guru
aa
Mar 2, 2009

jpr

aa
Feb 1, 2009
I'm working on b2 now.
Walker keeps telling me the map is too small, but no one else has said anything like that.
So tell me, is it too small or is te size fine? Because I won't do anything about it if you don't tell me to and one person isn't enough for such big changes.

jpr

aa
Feb 1, 2009
Seriously, I'm not doing anything to the size. Unless you tell me to. So tell me to... If you think I should.

...Just a little progress bump here, I'm gonna try rotational symmetry, and see if that's any better. It's not as simple as just mirroring the other side however, that would mess up the flow. So I'm trying to figure out how to redesign the mid to make it flow well.
In other news I've been detailing more and fixing minor bugs and signage.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
The best thing about Crossroads is the insanely short walk times, but the defending team will always have only two ways to get back to the middle: through a narrow tunnel or around a narrow corner, both uphill.

The door never opened
d41a00cpcrossroadsb10006.jpg

Scrap the health up top
c8be00cpcrossroadsb10007.jpg

The signs don't make sense relative to the layout
79200cpcrossroadsb10008.jpg

This roof doesn't touch the building
5fc000cpcrossroadsb10009.jpg

There's no window under those boards, but it looks like there should be
41d000cpcrossroadsb10010.jpg

Window needs a crane
5c7a00cpcrossroadsb10011.jpg

EDIT:

Do not increase spawn times for capturing the middle.

Last edited:

Okrag

Wall Staples
aa
Jun 10, 2009
Lemme guess, those signs in the 3rd image are left over from the old gamemode.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Regarding those signs, you're doing it wrong! BLU signs go in the BLU base, RED signs go in the RED base. Period, no exceptions. So you should change that.

honeymustard

Oct 26, 2009
Actually the signs should be (I might be talking about different signs mind you) red signs on the red half pointing towards middle and blue signs on the blu half pointing towards middle.

jpr

aa
Feb 1, 2009
Christmas surprise! New version, b2! Now not-mirrored!
What, you were expecting snowdrift? Well that is coming too, but the thing I have planned for it takes time and It's not ready yet.
Anyway, play it, hopefully enjoy it and tell me what you think.