Corrode

PL Corrode RC2

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.
Jan 20, 2010
2011-05-04_00013.jpg

2011-05-04_00014.jpg

2011-05-04_00015.jpg

Hole courtesy Seba, the best person in the world. <3

Edit: Crap, that light is floating. lol Gotta fix that.

Last edited:

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
Its all looking very good, but i'm going to go ahead and be that nit-picking git.

- How did the planks get in there? Were they in there with the water? (i'm presuming thats what this is, a broken tank of water)
-Are there any pipes in or out?
-There isnt much water there for such a huge spill as that mustve been. Adding water runoff overlays down to the water proper would help.
-Sharp edges on the water. Displacements should be more curved
-The puddle is bigger than the damp patch overlay.
-How did all that rock not break the wire?

Jan 20, 2010
Its all looking very good, but i'm going to go ahead and be that nit-picking git.

- How did the planks get in there? Were they in there with the water? (i'm presuming thats what this is, a broken tank of water)
-Are there any pipes in or out?
-There isnt much water there for such a huge spill as that mustve been. Adding water runoff overlays down to the water proper would help.
-Sharp edges on the water. Displacements should be more curved
-The puddle is bigger than the damp patch overlay.
-How did all that rock not break the wire?

They're not planks, they're pieces of metal. And they're there from a ceiling collapse that seba is still making.

I'm adding pipes soon. Just wanted to get this done.

The water in the flooded basement is the water from the tank. I'll add runoff overlays.

I'll see if I can fix the edges and the overlay.

The wire and lights were added after the concrete broke. This building is meant to be old and decrepit. Red has come in to try and salvage it, so the hanging lights and the generator are their doing.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2010
Last edited:
Sep 1, 2009
For some reason screenshot 2's plant reminds me of a portal 2 test chamber, and that plant doesn't fit there in my mind.

Urban

aa
Jul 27, 2009
Last edited:

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
I am going to be honest, i don't enjoy this map at all, the layout feels like it is swiss cheese and routes spread everywhere. There is no real flow besides first area, everything is messy and fights become clusterfucks where everyone gets shot from everywhere. These issues have been brought up since A1 by many people on tests, yet nothing seems to change.

You really need to take a step back and look at general layout you got.

Jan 20, 2010
I am going to be honest, i don't enjoy this map at all, the layout feels like it is swiss cheese and routes spread everywhere. There is no real flow besides first area, everything is messy and fights become clusterfucks where everyone gets shot from everywhere. These issues have been brought up since A1 by many people on tests, yet nothing seems to change.

You really need to take a step back and look at general layout you got.

I'm sorry wilson, it's not likely to change. Not because I disagree (I do, but that's besides the point) but the fact that I'm already halfway done detailing and have no desire at all to overhaul anything. I'm sorry you dislike it so much.

Playing as RED I spawned in the water in the detail area under RED's first spawn. My guess why is that the is an info_playerteamspawn directly above the largest hole in the planks and was therefore teleported to the nearest surface which is under the spawn in the water.

Some screens:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197999048028/screenshot/558658593962644997?tab=public
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197999048028/screenshot/558658593962646230/?tab=public

Hope this helps

Yeah, I know this issue. I fixed it in my current VMF, just haven't rereleased yet.

Last edited:

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
So... yea, generally I wasn't haven't a really fun time on this map, it wasn't horrible, but I wasn't haven't a good time. One of the things that I noticed was that most of the times, the cart barely got to the first point, let alone the second. Only once did Blu win, and it was a very very long run. The map itself is quite large for a pl map. In my opinion.

I know you will hate it, but if you really want to make this map fun, your going to have to do a bit of work to the already detailed areas, specifically right around point 1, inside the building, that Hairpin U-turn there is horribly cramped and not easily accessible by most. A soldier/sticky demo/sentry can easily lock that place down... which happened in the test today.

and not to sound like a jerk, but iirc, some of this is feedback that people have been giving you today, is the same feedback people have been giving since a1...

Jan 20, 2010
and not to sound like a jerk, but iirc, some of this is feedback that people have been giving you today, is the same feedback people have been giving since a1...

That the map is confusing? Sure, I've heard it a few times and I've certainly tried to deal with it. It's not like I was ignoring it. I make no illusions that everyone is going to like playing the map. People are going to dislike it no matter what I do, and I'm okay with that.

As for blue having a hard time on the map, I've played it multiple times and I can say for certain that blue very often does not have a hard time getting to the final cap. If blue gets stuck at CP 1's choke because of a sticky demo, I do not think it's the map's fault. There are multiple ways to get around that if need be.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Not that it is confusing, but that its "not fun" , large and needs work still... like those choke areas. Red can defend really well just about anywhere, tbh.

Now this is my opinion, so take it as you want. But my advice is stop the detailing and see whats really going on. Maybe it was the teams this time around, but from what it sounded like, its was a re-occuring issue.

Jan 20, 2010
Not that it is confusing, but that its "not fun" , large and needs work still... like those choke areas. Red can defend really well just about anywhere, tbh.

Now this is my opinion, so take it as you want. But my advice is stop the detailing and see whats really going on. Maybe it was the teams this time around, but from what it sounded like, its was a re-occuring issue.

Blue not getting past CP 1 is most certainly not a reoccuring issue. The only ones I've heard multiple times are that the layout is confusing and that Blue's forward spawn for CP 4 is too far away (which I've resolved in the latest version.)