ANova

L7: Fancy Member
Jul 16, 2009
Make some one make a basic last point and have us Detail it

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Nay and Nay. Last time we went for that everyone mutinied a day before the contest was going to start and all t he mini- entries went to waste (except for coldfront!)

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
That was only because you changed the contest to CTF at the last minute. :/

no... like I said that was the mutiny

It was going to be 5cp until the day before the contest but ID went and spilt the beans ages in advance and everyone was all "HMMM I WONDER WHAT IT COULD BE, IMMA START EARLY"

Then all the other mods were like "People have started 5cp maps we much change the mode, comp ctf comp ctf"

I was like "WTF are you retarded???"

several months later everyone is like: "Should have been 5cp"

and I'm all "I do love to say I told you so."

But this time we're not going to for a different reason. so barring a major contest tie in, what do you wants.

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
tbh I'd rather have the major contest sooner! :p

Seriously though, what would be cool is if the next contest was a pre-made dev building made by someone, to be detailed in a certain theme.

Westerhound

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 5, 2009
Seriously though, what would be cool is if the next contest was a pre-made dev building made by someone, to be detailed in a certain theme.

Considering that there will be like 70 people entering a small contest like that, one theme wouldnt be enough. Entries would start looking a lot like each other.

Otherwise I like the idea. May need more than one building tho

Feb 14, 2008
People had only started 5 CP maps in anticipation of a 5 CP contest. I really do wish it had been one, but there's always the next time.

Shmitz

Old Hat
aa
Nov 12, 2007
several months later everyone is like: "Should have been 5cp"

and I'm all "I do love to say I told you so."

If we had gone with 5cp, there would have been just as many problems (if not more so for previously mentioned reasons), and people would be hating on 5cp right now instead of ctf. It happens with pretty much every contest. I'm a bit surprised you of all people haven't seen this trend.

Nov 14, 2009
I dislike that idea. TF2 is not about being realistic, so remaking anything to look realistic wouldnt work.

Zwiffle

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 24, 2008
2 point cp (yeah I don't know)
Domination (3+ point cp and defend, gain points every x seconds you hold a cp until a team reaches y points)
100/200/300/x00 brushes maximum for a map
Valve Map Mini (I think this was suggested before, make a smaller, more adorable version of a valve map or something)

Nov 14, 2009
A skybox contest.

You must make/modify your own custom 2d skybox, and then you are given 1024*1024 of 1/16 space to make a 3D skybox in. There is a 1024*1024 square in which you start in that is dev textured.

Nov 14, 2009
PleasePleasePleasePlease make the next contest a 3 stage anything contest. Payload, CP, CTF, I dont care, but I love 3 stage CP, and there arent enough maps of it around. Would be great for a summer contest as well.

Or how about CP anything contest. Must have more than 4 CPs total, less than 10 (to accommodate TC). Single or multi-stage, you choose.

Last edited: