Contest idea thread!

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
I thought about a Team oriented TC contest where teams of 4-6 people would design a TC map (1 person designs an area, another designs another area right next to the first one and the two manage the accessibility of each area) by following objectives (Ex: Vanilla (No textures/models/entities from post-Goldrush Update), competitive, CP only, invade CTF/PLR not allowed, etc.).

Might cut down the enormous amount of entries anyway :p

Remnic

L2: Junior Member
Jan 24, 2009
Another idea I would also like to propose regarding my Team TC contest idea, each team should be divided into two seperate groups. One group will design the RED areas of the map while the other designs the BLU areas. And just to reason with leading complications, the captain of each group should be in charge of the main CP of the group. For example, if I were to design BLU's main CP, I would be in charge of leading my group with the devellopment of my group's areas and transitioning between BLU and RED sectors of the map. Group leaders will be able to communicate with each other when they're ready to bring all parts of the map together as a whole when they're ready to release a late alpha or first beta of the map.

Y/N?

Rikka

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 10, 2009
That doesn't sound in any shape or form practical.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
I would not like to have a group contest at all. Someone in the group can and absolutely, no matter what, will quit before the contest ends. It's just no fun to work with potentially unreliable people over the internet.

Vincent

&#128296 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi &#128296
aa
Sep 5, 2009
I'd be down for a 3-stage CP a/d contest. I've been wanting to make one, and have an idea rolling around.

Same here. I wanted to join in on the CTF contest but I joined this community so late :(
A 3-Stage CP A/D or a Gravel-Pit styled A/D contest sounds fun.

Last edited:

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
Entity Throwdown.

COnventional objectives are thrown to the wayside. The goal here is to make a multiplayer game that makes people go, "wow."

Zwiffle

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 24, 2008
I have yet to see a single map that is asymetric, while having a symetric gamemode (if its that what you mean).

Well I guess I just intended for the map to be asymmetric, regardless of game mode, but that could include asymmetric CTF/CP or what have you.

Nov 14, 2009
I personaly dislike Gorge style. Too linear. However, if this was expanded to Gorge style AND 3CP Gravelpit style, then Im all for it!

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
I personaly dislike Gorge style. Too linear. However, if this was expanded to Gorge style AND 3CP Gravelpit style, then Im all for it!

Just make it a one-stage CP contest then, so every variation can enter - including Steel and Observatory like setups.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
What do people want to see for mini-contests between the current and next contest (since we've already picked its whole premise.)