Oct 31, 2009
cc-code-geass1920.png

I'm easy

(thats my desktop >.>)

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I see... You must be the type of person who shouts "NO I'M NOT" when someone jokes that you're gay.

Feel free to be more mature about this :)
Aha that's me.

When I was in paris on a sixthform art trip we went to some sculpture garden and someone took a picture of me through the legs of one of the nude male sculptures.

Naturally it was shown on the projector at the eveningly recap session, every one giggled as it came up then as the giggling died down I piped up "I'm not gay!" in the best i'n-in-denial voice I could.

fantastically funny moment

As far as cartoon crushes go I don't remember having any but this thing comes pretty close:

Alien.jpg

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
/end_derail

Had to reach back a good decade for this one, way into my angsty-emo-private school years.
230px-I_feel_Sick_2.jpg

Tenna and Devi from Jhonen Vasquez's "I Feel Sick" (and sortof JtHM).

EDIT: My word! An entire page disappeared while I typed!

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
I'm not saying you shouldn't have cartoon crushes, just that most people in real life would be weirded out by it.

I don't know about that... Many of my friends and even friends of friends would admit to having a cartoon crush at one point or another. So i'm not sure what the big deal is here. I just don't get why people are finding the need to ascert their "normal-ness" by posting how stupid this concept is. This thread is about admitting finding a certain fictional character cute or such, not about posting how normal and above people you are by commenting on how unnatural it is.

Many people do many unnatural things. Having a crush on a cartoon character is the last thing you need to worry about in human society.

Last edited:

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
lets live and let live. furries, anime character stalkers, whatever. keep to the topic and play nicely.

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
IMO "crush" is a loaded word for some people. I'm interpreting it in the "if they were real people* you'd be interested in them" sense, as opposed to the "rub your body all over the screen" sense.

I think this interpretation is to everyone's net benefit.

*Emphasis on "people" regardless of how you choose to define the specifics.

Last edited:

Jack Riguel

Jul 19, 2009
IMO "crush" is a loaded word for some people. I'm interpreting it in the "if they were real people* you'd be interested in them" sense, as opposed to the "rub your body all over the screen" sense.

Oh God. I really don't want to continue lurking this thread now with that image in my head.

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
You were lurking before? See, I'm spurring discussion! I'm helping! Yaaaaay.

Jack Riguel

Jul 19, 2009
Oh great, someone reminded me of something from back when I was around 8, and anime used to be shown on TV and actually be decent

ccs1.jpg

Goddamn I don't know how Cardcaptors was shown on TV with all of those skimpy outfits.

I remember that show actually. I was so into it that I wanted to look into the Japanese versions.... after about 3 gay subplots and the main character's rather out-of-age wishful romance I released that the US version had been incredibly watered down, probably for the better too. o_O

Micnax

Back from the dead (again)
aa
Apr 25, 2009
I remember that show actually. I was so into it that I wanted to look into the Japanese versions.... after about 3 gay subplots and the main character's rather out-of-age wishful romance I released that the US version had been incredibly watered down, probably for the better too. o_O

Yeah, they stripped out all the relationships and turned the main character from a cute bubbly character into a selfish bratty one.

It still hold the title for 'Worst American anime port ever'

Darksoul

L1: Registered
Jul 6, 2009
I'm here to take the creepiness to a level of my own:

Happy thoughts:
tinkerbell.gif

I don't know how to tell the truth:
WonderWomanV5.jpg

Ligthing and...a blonde:
MaryMarvelSupergirl.jpg

Yes I did:
alice2m.jpg

Why the hell not?:
Rei.jpg

Please don't hate me...much. The age of one of them makes up for the rest.

ANova

L7: Fancy Member
Jul 16, 2009
not going to lie but super girl from Justice League on Toonami was pretty....................................................you know hot

Jakkarra

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 26, 2009
I note that most of these have been Anime/Manga characters.