Caldera

CP caldera test1a

Hellfire

L9: Fashionable Member
Jul 9, 2008
The new 2-1 could use another exit out of spawn.

i was thinking about that,but during testings we found theres no problem about it. moreover in stuck situation can use side window to exit

and about stage 1...well..got no such thing there. for ex. during pre_a11 test blu got through to stage2 4 times and lost at stage1 2 times. thats ok, at least the way i want it) i dont want stage 1 to be stuck point,even not to be very hard. blu should win in about 60-70% rounds at stage1 ,45-55% stage2 and 25-40% stage3

Lazy Eskimo

L2: Junior Member
May 17, 2009
i was thinking about that,but during testings we found theres no problem about it. moreover in stuck situation can use side window to exit
Well no offense but your testing screwed up.

and about stage 1...well..got no such thing there. for ex. during pre_a11 test blu got through to stage2 4 times and lost at stage1 2 times. thats ok, at least the way i want it) i dont want stage 1 to be stuck point,even not to be very hard. blu should win in about 60-70% rounds at stage1 ,45-55% stage2 and 25-40% stage3
If good players play with near even teams. It should be near 100% for first stage. Shouldn't stage 3 be closer to 50%? The chances for blue winning are too low with all 3 stages. You never really want to create to huge of a disadvantage or advantage for any stage cause then it just isn't fun to play.

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
Well no offense but your testing screwed up.

what do u mean?

If good players play with near even teams. It should be near 100% for first stage. Shouldn't stage 3 be closer to 50%? The chances for blue winning are too low with all 3 stages. You never really want to create to huge of a disadvantage or advantage for any stage cause then it just isn't fun to play.

no idea where u got thst,if both teams are good and knows the map they both have gjjd chancesmbut the advantage is for ble,with their good spot to start attacks bot ob A and B. its fun to play when noone is overpowered and theres lots of fighting) and thats exactly what we got.

btw,why not suggest smth instead of this talk? second exit on blue spawn,i got it. else?

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
gameday bump. any feeds?)

Micnax

Back from the dead (again)
aa
Apr 25, 2009
I was playing this map for about an hour. It's great! You really made it look beautiful :D

One problem we did find though, was that the windows used to get out of the BLU start area could be opened by touching them, I think you forgot to disable the Touch Open flags ;)
And just above that area to the right, there are 2 cliffs that overlap, creating that fuzzy texture effect.

Overall, brilliant!

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
Joodude,
thx for the testing) were already fixed that issues in a12b releasing today (hopefully) with lots of other small bugs found during testing
tHat Guy,
yeah,my displacements sucks, but we re-done aaal that in a12b. thx)

Last edited:

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008

promo_small_uZ7.jpg

MungoKing

L3: Member
Jul 12, 2008
I'd suggest waiting until you guys have stage 3 ready to go before you release the beta. Since beta is supposed to be when the layout is entirely done and detailing begins, it seems a little silly to leave 1/3 of the map out.

Shaar

L3: Junior Member<BR>toboruin
Aug 7, 2008
yeah. We kidna did this map backwards. We detailed as we went along. Stage 1 and 2, are near completion. We'll be testing stage 3 separately, which will be our next priority, as we collect any data of imbalances on stage 1 and 2 while we are constructing stage 3.

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
I'd suggest waiting until you guys have stage 3 ready to go before you release the beta. Since beta is supposed to be when the layout is entirely done and detailing begins, it seems a little silly to leave 1/3 of the map out.

agree,but we had reasons
scince stage3 is faaaaaaar from complition,we wnated more testings on first two,since they are
1) fully hammered
2) fully detailed
3) bugfixed (hopefully all)
4) balanced (based on few tests)

and admins dont like the word "alpha" ehen putting in rotation even if map is done and polished. so we will be doing and testing s3 while geting statistic on this two,and then they will be all mixed up in a RC

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
hey there

were working on the second beta now,but it wont come out soon. There will be lots of changest there, in both satages, and were planning to pack it with stage3.
here is a changelog as for now:
>re-worked capA stage1, its bigger,has new zones for both attackers and defenders,and higher fps rates (were hoping for about +20% (todays test showed 13% increase))
>tuned outdoor aera,for "looking good,feeling good",added some additional inacsessible areas that will be a connection zones for upcomming 3D skybox
>tuned lighting\hdr, no more eye-burning,but still noticeable effect
>tuned capA stage2 area, added more ways

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
here we go with a first comparison shot of an upcomming beta_2

point A stage2

MungoKing

L3: Member
Jul 12, 2008
Looking much better layout wise, and so does the lighting, nice job :thumbup:. Are those sliding windows from the roof still in the area?

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
Looking much better layout wise, and so does the lighting, nice job :thumbup:. Are those sliding windows from the roof still in the area?

nope,this area was also re-build) u can actually see new "roof exit" in the upper left corner on new beta2 shot (it will be in alpha13 for GD)

sorry for the confusion on names,we are continuing on alphas. beta was just a stable release for some rotations)

and beta2 will include all further alphas and stage3

Shaar

L3: Junior Member<BR>toboruin
Aug 7, 2008
Skybox'd (Which hasn't been done yet)

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
caldera_a13 is here
all changes and download link HERE